• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

El_Piraña

Back at it

El_Piraña
On 11/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, Blurrr said:

It almost seems like, upon the moment of fruiting, the mushroom's potency is pre-determined, regardless of the size it becomes.

Yeah, it kinda leads to other questions...does the mushroom need to be allowed to grow to full maturity or can it be harvested early? 

darkvoyager
On 10/31/2019 at 5:53 PM, Mush Zombie said:

I prefer the quality petites myself. Big ones from first flush due to elevated co2 are still good quality (usually) just don’t dose by weight. Dose by mushroom count. Try to think about how many mushrooms you use when you use small mushrooms that you prefer and match that dose with big ones.

I have done this several times with monster PE from elevated co2 conditions.

A long time ago I read some data about potency that indicated that the amount of psilocybin in all of the mushrooms on first flush was the same regardless of the weight of the mushrooms. So I had one of those moments where I thought, well shit since little mushrooms from the same flush have the same amount of magic as the big ones, maybe the amount of psilocybin will be the same from different tubs, even though temp was 7 degrees higher.

I made tea with 10 of the large PE the first time. I don’t remember the weight of them, but I do remember that it was a very high number for a dose gauged by weight. A number that seemed insane, at that time in my experience, since I still dosed by weight back then. Something like 30 grams dry. I always used methods that produce large first flushes (tons of FAE before pins and low temps) for small mushrooms. When you only dose by weight with little mushrooms grown in low temps, typically all you need is 4-5 grams to have a great trip. But I remembered that my best trips with the little ones did have more individual mushrooms.

I estimated how many mushrooms I had used in those weighted doses, since I hadn’t really paid attention anyway. I guessed anywhere between 10 and 20 mushrooms (referring only to cubensis). 10 of those monster grotesque penis shaped mushrooms was a lot of mushroom matter to deal with. Way more than my usual suspects. Knowing how to extract psilocybin properly in water is a good thing to know lol

It was a blast, and about the same as a 5 or 6 gram (dry) dose of small PE. 

Hope that helps 

more or less having this problem myself and making me switch over to APE only for right now. 

what do you think the effect on a cold ass room will have on the potency I remember discussing that the longer the window from pin formation to veil opening the more time there is to make magic and that slow fruiting recessive trait is part of what makes the penis varieties so potent. those big ass Cambodians I grew were I dare say "weak". have my tubs fruiting in like a 60 degree room going SLOW and will be able to field test myself. 

• Like 1

Blurrr
11 hours ago, El_Piraña said:

Yeah, it kinda leads to other questions...does the mushroom need to be allowed to grow to full maturity or can it be harvested early? 

Bingo!

So many variables, it seems. 🤔

Wonder if there's some graph with potency on the y-axis and pin to full-maturity on the x-axis?

Edit: I mixed cow poo and spore juice in my mouth and swallowed about an hour ago. No effects yet. This seems to be too soon in the process. Repeating now to be sure. I'll write experience report for erowid later....

• Like 1

El_Piraña
13 minutes ago, Blurrr said:

Edit: I mixed cow poo and spore juice in my mouth and swallowed about an hour ago. No effects yet. This seems to be too soon in the process. Repeating now to be sure. I'll write experience report for erowid later....

Damn, you beat me to this. lol 

Blurrr
3 minutes ago, El_Piraña said:

Damn, you beat me to this. lol 

Well dung it!!!! 😄

• Like 1