• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Phase one

Mycelium or cobweb mold?

Question

Phase one

Hey, just started my first grow about two and a half weeks ago. I decided to use these bags for my first grow. After about two weeks and still seeing no sign of growth( I was only checking one of the four bags I purchased, since they were in a drawer in my guest room under a pile of clothes) I was really starting to worry as the grow bags I had purchased were sitting in my closet for over months before Inoculation. Yesterday, I decided to have a look at all four bags and I was surprised to see what looks like mycelium to me on two of my bags! The mycelium didn’t look quite how I thought it would and I am a little worried about the possibility of it just being some kind of contamination such as cob web mold since I really don’t know what to look for. Any input is appreciated 😀

A1DF6C48-C4E3-4EEA-87B3-F95AE3ECEA0E.jpeg

F2228241-563E-43F8-9E1F-791FC45C03E8.jpeg

1C8106B7-51A8-4909-A95A-F66F7E403B45.jpeg

EE081CB1-4BA8-4514-9BB1-57DC6FB94BE6.jpeg

5 answers to this question

mushmouth

Dam! You didn’t give a shit about this grow did you, lol.

looks like cube myc. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Phase one
19 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Dam! You didn’t give a shit about this grow did you, lol.

looks like cube myc. Only time will tell.

Care to elaborate what you mean by this?

in terms of the method used, I didn’t put a huge amount of effort in to it for my first grow. My original plan was to go monotub for bulk but there was some things I was still confused about (mostly about pinning and when to harvest) so I wanted to go with something simpler the first time and work out all the kinks in terms of growing before I started creating my own substrates and worrying about sterilization on etc. 

What could I have done better with these bags? 

Side note: I haven’t been able to find many people who have given these bags a try so I thought I would. I’ll try to post an update on the results

thanks 😀

Edited by Phase one
Spelling

Mush Zombie

All in one bags are not a good investment. They work but not very well. It’s clumsy and takes a long time. If you are going to buy premade stuff, buy spawn and sub separately.

theres a few threads around here with these very bags as the topic. None were very exciting, that’s what he meant, I think. 

• Like 1

Polobuddy

I use bags every time around and I have issues sometimes. I call the company and complain about the issue because if your in a sterile environment you would never have an issue. So give the bottom half of my sentence a thought.   Other than that like mush mouth said, let time take it’s course and four weeks you should see either all white or something else with the  mycelium. 

mushmouth
1 hour ago, Phase one said:

Care to elaborate what you mean by this?

in terms of the method used, I didn’t put a huge amount of effort in to it for my first grow. My original plan was to go monotub for bulk but there was some things I was still confused about (mostly about pinning and when to harvest) so I wanted to go with something simpler the first time and work out all the kinks in terms of growing before I started creating my own substrates and worrying about sterilization on etc. 

What could I have done better with these bags? 

Side note: I haven’t been able to find many people who have given these bags a try so I thought I would. I’ll try to post an update on the results

thanks 😀

Sorry, bud. MZ is right. But also I got the impression that you forgot about them under some dirty laundry or something haa!!! Or maybe I'm projecting, IDK.

Also, you let them sitting for so long before noccing.

Anywho, I still think it's mush myc.

• Like 1