• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Bojack

Pinning issues

Bojack

So This is my first flush and I have some really big fat was going but a lot of smaller ones just now forming.  I plan on cutting the bigger ones as they mature so I don’t bother the myc under the casing.  My question is how do I get a better more even pin set.  I have read basically it is about humidity and more even airflow in the tub?  I am using z tub.  Outside of the tubs is 68-75 and 65-73 rh.  Inside of the tubs are 88-99rh and are pretty much 1-2 degrees higher at any given temp.  Do I need to adjust anything or is it a genetic thing?  Thanks again I really appreciate all the time you guys put into the new Guys to help out. 
pics are not great but I hope you can see well enough that basically they have a bunch of Big groups around the edges and and a few or no groups aim the middle.  The middle is starting to pin about 3-4 days after the edges. 536BC027-7B66-4F12-8AC8-A42CB19CE4C6.thumb.jpeg.418fcf22e854d89fa84dba1aff2a7505.jpeg

F7181265-77DF-4254-B7C8-7C3005852719.thumb.jpeg.603c1c85519bffb752468530b4f771bf.jpeg

Bojack

First one popped over night did I pick it too early?  Looks really small maybe 2” only weighed 2g a bunch are gonna go later today too.  Is there anything I can do to make them bigger? 

AECA0FA4-37D7-43EA-B33A-9858EC7EF1A5.jpeg

F9DDFD72-BD53-4091-9D6A-F18AF8F0C103.jpeg

Bojack

Okay I will find out tonight I mean they look thick af so I assume there is a good potency there.  Thanks 

Bojack

Upon further inspection I have had some (monsters to me) pop up twice as tall but just as thick I am thing it is a ms thing hopefully I can clone out the bad ones. 

• Like 1

Moonphase

You can send the bad ones to me for disposal.   :eatyou:

• Like 1

Bojack
6 hours ago, Moonphase said:

You can send the bad ones to me for disposal.   :eatyou:

Haha 

El_Piraña
4 hours ago, MagicalCriminal said:

Next grow try to keep sub as even as possible. Same goes for casing layer. I found this helps even pinset. I believe it is because the density is the same, it helps with even evaporation which promotes pinning.

When I was growing with monotubs, I would use a straight edge (essentially like a ruler) to check the substrate, both for width and length of the tub. I was often amazed how much it was not level before running the straight edge across it, eyeballing it can be deceiving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1