• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

wilspeak

Which is Better WBS Tek -VS- BRF Tek

wilspeak

Hello everyone, On the date of 10/13/19  just inoculated 7 Quart WBS jars.  Which Tek (WBS) or (BRF) do you think is better?  Also, can I  inoculate big Quart jars filled with BRF or is it better to use smaller jars when I use BRF?   Thank You

Edited by wilspeak

Mush Zombie

Vermiculite is used as a substrate and in substrates. Grain spawn is used as inoculant. Vermiculite is not used as inoculant. 

• Like 2

wilspeak
4 minutes ago, Mush Zombie said:

Vermiculite is used as a substrate and in substrates. Grain spawn is used as inoculant. Vermiculite is not used as inoculant. 

That's right, I am kind of new to TEKs.  I should have said BRF  Tek.  Which is Better WBS Tek -VS- BRF Tek.........  Hello everyone, On the date of 10/13/19 just inoculated 7 Quart WBS jars.  Which Tek (WBS) or (BRF) do you think is better?  Also, can I  inoculate big Quart jars filled with BRF or is it better to use smaller jars when I use Verm?   Thank You

Mush Zombie

Better is subjective in most cases. The best way to find out what works for you is to try both cakes and bulk. That is what most people wind up doing to answer that question for themselves.

For BRF I don’t recommend using large jars. The standard is half pint and work great as colonization is quick. Using larger jars means longer colonization times, since you can’t shake the brf cakes, like you can grain spawn. 

• Like 2

wilspeak
5 hours ago, Mush Zombie said:

Better is subjective in most cases. The best way to find out what works for you is to try both cakes and bulk. That is what most people wind up doing to answer that question for themselves.

For BRF I don’t recommend using large jars. The standard is half pint and work great as colonization is quick. Using larger jars means longer colonization times, since you can’t shake the brf cakes, like you can grain spawn. 

Thank You. I appreciate your advice and knowledge

Mycomeso

BRF for knowledge, WBS for the weight.Just depends where your at in your development as a grower.

• Thanks 1