• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

noobydoobydoo

first harvest

noobydoobydoo

hello all was just looking for some advice about drying i understand im looking for cracker dry but what are some signs of contamination to look out for? It took me a couple days to get them fully dry and theyve turned very dark from past expierience it doesnt look alarming but being my first time drying myself id like to be as sure as possible..

tonz-o-funguy

get a dehydrator man the faster you dry them the better. sometime large mushrooms take time to dry out and if a dehydrator is used the look more appealing. I guess a air fryer could work also if kept to like super low 150F i believe is the magic number not to go over heat wise maybe 120. there is also powders that absorb moisture also. hope that helps

Chuggychow

If you can post some pictures somebody might be able to identify any contamination. 

• Like 1

Mycomeso

I think they will turn A darker Color as well if you leave to much moisture in them because basically it just starts to rot an decompose at that point.Less water = Better storage time. But on issue on contams no idea without some pics homie.

• Like 1