• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Skydoggy

Hi, I’m looking for a tek to grow shiitake’s indoor. I have some spores and as I understand it they need to grow on sawdust or straw. All I haven been able to find in my searches talks about putting plugs in logs and waiting 8 to 12 months. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

mushmouth

• Like 1

Skydoggy

Thanks @mushmouth for passing this on. I need to start using the Google search engine for finding stuff on this site.

After reading @phish tek it looks like I probably should make a flow hood. They seem to be useful for most aspects of mushroom cultivation. I’ve already made an incubation chamber out of an old kitchen cupboard because my jars were taking for ever to colonize.

I’ll take a swing at the Shiitake tek once my current run has finished and perhaps I’ll document it and post.

Tomorrow will be day 10 of my first spawn run using the 6 quart tub method and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that something good has happened under that aluminum foil.

• Like 1