• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Funguy420

Why don't my mushrooms work?

Funguy420

I harvested and dried the shrooms and ate about 9 grams and nothing happened, I don't know where I went wrong or even where I could have went wrong? I would imagine the drying process, I had them in the over on the lowest temp it could go which I don't actually know the temp because it just says warm but the next temp is 200 degrees, so I left the over open because I figured warm would be to hot and I put a fan in front so it would throw around the warm air

Can anyone tell me if what could make my mushrooms (blue meanies) not have psilocybe in them or what I did wrong??? 

1573127753434160684483.jpg

1573127652312456269233.jpg

20191010_071009.jpg

• Like 1

tonz-o-funguy

this can happen have someone else try them maybe its you. Do you take any meds that could interfere? how did u consume them tea or munched em down? empty stomach or full?

• Like 2

Funguy420
1 hour ago, tonz-o-funguy said:

this can happen have someone else try them maybe its you. Do you take any meds that could interfere? how did u consume them tea or munched em down? empty stomach or full?

The first time I chopped them up and made them into chocolates, than the second time I just ate them straigh, no I don't take any meds and I was on an empty stomach!! 

tonz-o-funguy

From what I understand it does happen from time to time that no active is produced. It may not have been you. Was it a trusted vendor? multispore? agar culture? first time eating them? Did anyone else try them? i would do that 1st.

• Like 1

Funguy420
18 hours ago, tonz-o-funguy said:

From what I understand it does happen from time to time that no active is produced. It may not have been you. Was it a trusted vendor? multispore? agar culture? first time eating them? Did anyone else try them? i would do that 1st.

I bought the spore syringe from an online shop called liquid fungi tbh I don't know if they can be trusted or not, it was not my first time doing shrooms and I did them with my girlfriend and she had the same reaction..... Could it be my ratio of grain spawn and coco coir because there was alot more dirt than spawn and I was told to do a one to one ratio, that's the only thing besides my vendor being bad I can think of??? Here's a pic of how bad the ratio was for the bulk substrate. 

20191006_053717.jpg

20191006_053754.jpg

tonz-o-funguy

I would use the vendor from here and either try another round or pitch them spores in the trash.

• Like 1

Funguy420
56 minutes ago, tonz-o-funguy said:

I would use the vendor from here and either try another round or pitch them spores in the trash.

So you really think I got ripped off! 

tonz-o-funguy

Ok, Mushrooms thrive on low acidic conditions. You need to have a high nitrogen and a high carbohydrate source in your substrate to actually grow strong mycelia. Note I said strong mycelia and not mushrooms. The reason being, a substrate layer does boost growth, but also, if your moisture content is off, it will cause a struggle and the resuting mushrooms will have weak properties. Then your particular strain where you obtained the spores from could have been grown on the same substrate over and over again, before you obtained spores and just so happen to use the same boring substrate. This also can affect growth. so many variables come into play when wanting to grow very potent fungii. Dont concentrate on so much the substrate as you do the whole process. Just remember to keep the substrate full of carbohydrates and nitrogen and you should be fine. this is quoted text...not my words. try again

Go for another grow with what u have and get another syringe and grow them also, Isolate on agar if you didnt last time.  Theres so many variables that go into it. don't be discouraged it happens. Your grow looked great so just try again. Maybe the flush will be better?

• Like 1

Funguy420
9 hours ago, tonz-o-funguy said:

Ok, Mushrooms thrive on low acidic conditions. You need to have a high nitrogen and a high carbohydrate source in your substrate to actually grow strong mycelia. Note I said strong mycelia and not mushrooms. The reason being, a substrate layer does boost growth, but also, if your moisture content is off, it will cause a struggle and the resuting mushrooms will have weak properties. Then your particular strain where you obtained the spores from could have been grown on the same substrate over and over again, before you obtained spores and just so happen to use the same boring substrate. This also can affect growth. so many variables come into play when wanting to grow very potent fungii. Dont concentrate on so much the substrate as you do the whole process. Just remember to keep the substrate full of carbohydrates and nitrogen and you should be fine. this is quoted text...not my words. try again

Go for another grow with what u have and get another syringe and grow them also, Isolate on agar if you didnt last time.  Theres so many variables that go into it. don't be discouraged it happens. Your grow looked great so just try again. Maybe the flush will be better?

Thank you I really appreciate your help 

tonz-o-funguy

No problem!!! Hey you helped me expand my knowledge and connects some dots for an experiment of my own. So the pleasure is all mine.

"Luck is where planning meets preparation"

Mycomeso

Duuuuddddeeeeee I feel your pain on this bruh!!!Just ate 12 nice sized shrooms other day and wasn’t much to behold from it...☹️ 

Just gonna get some diff spores an give her another go tho.This hobby keeps me hella busy. Don’t look at it like a bust tho, least you got fruits now you just got to work on making them more active 😂 

• Like 2