• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Don_Shadow

Myceliated Grain TEK

Moonphase

Not sure I'm man enough to choke down a 6 qt. tub of colonized substrate.   :OMG:

Don_Shadow

Medicinal mushrooms are often grown on sterile grain media like brown rice. Many mushroom products contain mycelia on finely ground or “micronized” brown rice substrate.

• Like 1

Samwise
On 11/22/2019 at 5:09 AM, Moonphase said:

Not sure I'm man enough to choke down a 6 qt. tub of colonized substrate.   :OMG:

Ha not sure anyone is calling anyone to attempt that! Above four tablespoons of the P. hoogshagenii/semperviva dried mycelium grain is starting to get deep in terms of dosage...this amount is very easily consumed in tea form.

• Like 1

Samwise

A friend and I sampled some Caerulescens mycelium (on rice)...it was only 6 weeks old following inoculation. We started off with 4 tablespoons of the grain gently simmered, and ingested in the form of cocoa...this first dose produced subtle effects so two hours in we had a top up, of another 3 tablespoons...so 7 tablespoons in total, but staggered. In my case, it boosted the experience a little, but it was still quite subtle...but my friend had a relatively short lasting, but immersive and powerful experience that she described as feeling quite reminiscent to her of ayahuasca, based on her prior experiences with that. Clearly our sensitivities vary! I appreciate incubation time wasn't long so this may well have impacted potency, but it seems like your experience was not a great deeper than mine. The Hoogshagenii/Semperviva seems to be a great deal more potent by weight in mycelium-grain form.. It will be interesting to compare eating grain vs tea consumption...the tea certainly seems smoother on one's system, but my feeling is that ingesting it may yield a longer lasting experience. It will be interesting to see how the oats compare.

I'm in the process of inoculating grain jars (rice, oats and rye grain) with Azurescens, Cerulescens, Mexicana, Hoogshagenii/Semperviva and Zapotecorum. My hunch is that the Mexicana won't be as potent as the Semperviva, and I'm quite intrigued about the Azurescens and Zapotecorum. I'm also making up a load of lion's mane LC, keen to experiment with this in the mix too Don. 🙂

• Like 1

Viridis420

Cool read thanks for posting.

I've noticed how dark blue P semperviva grain spawn bruises. I haven't seen P zapotecorum or P caerulescens grain spawn bruise the way P semperviva does.. Also the sclerotia producers all bruise very noticeably.

• Like 1

Samwise
50 minutes ago, Viridis420 said:

I've noticed how dark blue P semperviva grain spawn bruises. I haven't seen P zapotecorum or P caerulescens grain spawn bruise the way P semperviva does.. Also the sclerotia producers all bruise very noticeably.

Interesting. Still early days with these species but my suspicion is that the amount of blueing may be a fairly reliable indicator of potency of the mycelium grain...it isn't necessarily fool proof (as P. mexicana and P. semilanceata don't really blue on bruising and are more potent than P. cubensis gram for gram which does blue). That's interesting that the sclerotia producers blue noticeably (especially as the mushrooms...all sub-strain variants of P. mexicana according to genetic analyses...don't really blue at all). So it seems like there could be differences between the mycelium and fruit bodies of the various species in terms of alkaloidal composition and potency.

• Like 2

tonz-o-funguy

where carries these strains or how can i obtain one? i have a jar of myc on brown rice is there anyway to fruit the myc?  pesa is the strain i choose to use its the most potent one i have atm. can I fruit it jar style? just put it in a sgfc or put plastic bag on top? i could even case with prezels? some wheat thins could work possibly ive be contimplating this not sure what direction even if i cased in some straw i can clean it off easly.

El_Piraña
5 hours ago, tonz-o-funguy said:

where carries these strains or how can i obtain one? i have a jar of myc on brown rice is there anyway to fruit the myc?  pesa is the strain i choose to use its the most potent one i have atm. can I fruit it jar style? just put it in a sgfc or put plastic bag on top? i could even case with prezels? some wheat thins could work possibly ive be contimplating this not sure what direction even if i cased in some straw i can clean it off easly.

Are you sure about the pretzels and wheat thins?

• Like 1

tonz-o-funguy

Hell no!! i was just guessing myself I guess im not the only one who thinks it might work lol i got a pint of fully colonized wbr that i made after reading this tek. i guess ill give it a whirl ill use half the pint bc I got some honey wheat pretzels i even make minis monos out of the plastic container they work great . i got one with eq on canary reed grass and they are looking marvelous so I like to experiment.

Samwise

By all means experiment with P. cubensis, but I doubt the potency of its mycelium on grain while render it a worthwhile or viable species with this tek in mind. The mushrooms are easy to produce in great amounts and quickly so I don't see why the myceliated tek would be particularly advantageous...it is better suited towards the more potent species that otherwise would take a long time to fruit, be trickier to fruit and/or lower yielding. These more potent (and shamanically revered) species such as P. hoogshagenii/semperviva produce highly potent mycelium on grain which make them a much more viable species to work with with this tek in mind.

• Like 1