• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

rastakess304

Browning/Metabolic Monotubs

rastakess304

What’s up guys.  After a little hiatus I decided to do a couple more tubs.  Both of the tubs, after five days in fruit and conditions, have this look to them. They are being fanned and misted twice a day. 

Last time around, this happened as well and did not seem to be a problem. The tubs fruited for almost 2 months with no contamination before eventually putting off such small flushes (5th, 6th flush!)  that I decided it was time to get rid of them. 

Basically my question is- is this normal? Am I stressing the tubs more than I should? Again, I’m not particularly worried, but it does seem that the tubs are producing metabolites which would (maybe) indicate they are fighting off infection or something. 

@El_Piraña @Mush Zombie @mushmouth

61E804B3-2E8D-48AB-A3E7-7D3629A62485.jpeg

CA1848B5-BDFF-4434-A22C-2DDEEBB34BF2.jpeg

There is still tape over some of the holes-  I usually wait to rip it off until I see pins

mushmouth

Did you use a good casing? If not, the top of the colony got too dry and slicked over. If this is the case, you'll get very minimal mush from it.

rastakess304
6 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Did you use a good casing? If not, the top of the colony got too dry and slicked over. If this is the case, you'll get very minimal mush from it.

I decided against using a casing after they came out of the spawn run- but I cased them BEFORE the spawn run-  the myc consumed the casing though. 

Next time I will case then after they come out of the trash bag/spawn run 

mushmouth
2 minutes ago, rastakess304 said:

I decided against using a casing after they came out of the spawn run- but I cased them BEFORE the spawn run-  the myc consumed the casing though. 

Next time I will case then after they come out of the trash bag/spawn run 

It sure did eat that casing up. What casing tec did you use?

You don't want the myc to eat the casing. Sometimes it happens and there's nothing you can do about it, but you don't want to do anything to exacerbate the situation, like putting it back in the Inc.

rastakess304
1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

It sure did eat that casing up. What casing tec did you use?

You don't want the myc to eat the casing. Sometimes it happens and there's nothing you can do about it, but you don't want to do anything to exacerbate the situation, like putting it back in the Inc.

50/50 verm peat. 10 days in trash bag. Consumed casing by like day 8

mushmouth
1 hour ago, rastakess304 said:

50/50 verm peat. 10 days in trash bag. Consumed casing by like day 8

Holy smokes. Next time take the tub out of the Inc, case it and start Fanning the by Jesus out of it.

Sonshyn

Also do it in the right order incubate for ten days and then case 

• Like 2