• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Hunchy

Aphrodites Extraction For Liquid Culture

Hunchy

Hey guys so I use an awesome product for my Cannabis growing that works VERY well for my soil micro biologics called Aphrodite's Extraction by Nectar for the GODs.

it is a carbon product it has .1% Sucrose and .1% Glucose and 1% P2O5 which is Mono-Potassium Phosphate which is an inorganic plant food. 

I use this specific sugar over say molasses for the sheer fact that the sugar has a smaller molecular chain  making the sugar more "Bit Sized" so to speak for my soil Microbe's where ass molasses and other sugars Like Karo corn sugar have long molecular chains which takes a lot longer for the beneficial micro organisms to break down and use to multiply.

SOOOOOOOOOOO......

I'm curious as to if anyone has tried to use this AMAZING product in a liquid culture for Mycology given its amazing use in microbe teas and hydroponic use for Mycorrhizal fungi population growth which I use this product for on a daily basis. (I have 5 gallons of it) and so I am  hoping to use this in conjunction with  my mycology I have a few verities of mushrooms on the way including Turkey Tail and Red Reshi  liquid culture syringes that I want to make into more Liquid Cultures.  =)

My concern is the Mono-Potassium Phosphate (1%) in the product giving it an NPK of 0-1-0 if that is a problem for the mycelium since there is no plant to eat the said Phosphorus out of the water even though it dose not harm soil microbe's they reproduce like crazy with the use of the simple sugars ( bit sized pieces) to populate and germinate in teas and hydro systems.

So if anyone has tried it or has a degree in Micro Biology or just knows if the P2O5 at a 1% concentration would be extremely detrimental and harmful to mushroom Mycelium that would be dope!

If I don't get any responses or no one knows then i'm going to give it a try and see how it works out cause what's 1oz out of 5 gallons right? LOL ;)

Sonshyn

Good luck but from what I’ve gathered, and I could be totally wrong so take this with a grain of salt, it’s not about the nutrients as much with the fungi we are dealing with . The fruit bodies seem to emerge bc the resources are running out and they need to procreate and leave . 

You could very well get a tub with your recipe to fruit but if there is a difference that it will make remains to be seen . You can even get tubs to fruit with substrate that is nearly devoid of nutes - Rez effect tek or easy  coir Tek for example . 

I’m not trying to say don’t do it, if you do write a log up here of it and document it . 

• Like 1

Hunchy
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, Sonshyn said:

Good luck but from what I’ve gathered, and I could be totally wrong so take this with a grain of salt, it’s not about the nutrients as much with the fungi we are dealing with . The fruit bodies seem to emerge bc the resources are running out and they need to procreate and leave . 

You could very well get a tub with your recipe to fruit but if there is a difference that it will make remains to be seen . You can even get tubs to fruit with substrate that is nearly devoid of nutes - Rez effect tek or easy  coir Tek for example . 

I’m not trying to say don’t do it, if you do write a log up here of it and document it . 

I'm gunna use bulk substrates and grain spawn just curious about it in a Liquid Culture so im gunna try it out and ill post my results

• Like 1

Sonshyn

Ah I should’ve read your post more carefully . Keep us posted