• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

wilspeak

How do I sterilize Coir Coir and Vermiculite mix for use as a inoculate substrate

wilspeak

How do I sterilize a Coir Coir and Vermiculite mix for use as an inoculate substrate and should I add coffee and gypsum?  Also, can anyone show me a good post a good WBS and Coir tek? Thank You

El_Piraña

I just noticed the word “teks” got autocorrected to the word “twos” in my message lol gotta love how smart my phone is!

• Like 1

wilspeak
On 12/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, El_Piraña said:

I just noticed the word “teks” got autocorrected to the word “twos” in my message lol gotta love how smart my phone is!

1- I plan on adding some gypsum to the Verm/Coir 60-40 sub, how much gypsum should I add to the mix and can I add the gypsum before I sterilize the Verm/Coir 60-40 sub?  2- And what stage is this jar at?  is at 100% yet?  Thank You

qwmksasdm.jpg

Gemini42

Sterilizing sub is not always the best.. Pasteurize is better.

• Like 2

Chuggychow
On 12/8/2019 at 11:00 AM, Gemini42 said:

Sterilizing sub is not always the best.. Pasteurize is better.

Why? 

• Like 2

wilspeak
10 hours ago, Chuggychow said:

Why? 

Yes , I would like to know why too

• Like 1

Sonshyn
10 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

Cubes are so easy. You'd be better off sterilizing.

I’ve been wondering about this, I usually do an oven pasteurization and I’m sure I go over temp and time towards the point of sterilization . Not saying I have great flushes every time but I’ve been doing well and hit nice yields imo. 

• Like 2