• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

wilspeak

Request advice about my grow Tek

wilspeak

1- I plan on adding some gypsum to the Verm/Coir 60-40 sub, how much gypsum should I add to the mix and can I add the gypsum before I sterilize the Verm/Coir 60-40 sub?  2- And what stage is this jar at?  is at 100% yet?  Thank You

qwmksasdm.jpg

Gemini42

I add a cup per 2 quart verm and 675gm coco coir. Dont sterilize and add gypsum after the heat has broken the coir and verm.1 hr latwr or so. Then add gypsum and stir... Only pasteurize for 4-6 hours and use when subs around prime temp. I do like 83 or so. This has worked and depending on your spawn should hold through a few flushes..

No. The jar looks like 80%. I'm sure you already shook it right?

• Like 1

wilspeak
8 hours ago, Gemini42 said:

I add a cup per 2 quart verm and 675gm coco coir. Dont sterilize and add gypsum after the heat has broken the coir and verm.1 hr latwr or so. Then add gypsum and stir... Only pasteurize for 4-6 hours and use when subs around prime temp. I do like 83 or so. This has worked and depending on your spawn should hold through a few flushes..

No. The jar looks like 80%. I'm sure you already shook it right?

Hello Gemini, Thank You for the information. Yes all of these jars were shook. 

0.jpg

• Like 1

tonz-o-funguy

4-6 hours for pasteurization is a lil overkill unless you have a giant bag and takes the core longer to get to temp.  I know its a min of 30 min after core temp reaches 160 to 180. I do 2 to 2.5 hours then dump in a bucket and lid, probably stays warm for a while afterwards. I doubt it will get u anything that 2.5hours  doesn't ive been doing it with poo/coir/verm and not had 1 conntam  so far and ive done quite a bit. the whole point is not kill off the healthy bacteria so dont over heat!!!! so medium low!!! the longer you leave it sit also the stronger the healthy bacteria will grow. I try to prep it a week or 2 in advance.

• Like 2

wilspeak
14 hours ago, tonz-o-funguy said:

4-6 hours for pasteurization is a lil overkill unless you have a giant bag and takes the core longer to get to temp.  I know its a min of 30 min after core temp reaches 160 to 180. I do 2 to 2.5 hours then dump in a bucket and lid, probably stays warm for a while afterwards. I doubt it will get u anything that 2.5hours  doesn't ive been doing it with poo/coir/verm and not had 1 conntam  so far and ive done quite a bit. the whole point is not kill off the healthy bacteria so dont over heat!!!! so medium low!!! the longer you leave it sit also the stronger the healthy bacteria will grow. I try to prep it a week or 2 in advance.

Thank You

• Like 1

tonz-o-funguy

u can add poo here also, i dont measure i eyeball everything or just do individual pots of each and mix it together in large 3 mil plastic bad its easier than bucket. Ive been doing poo/verm/coir/canary reed grows just ate the 1st 2 grams of eq that grew on it  next time ill run it through mircon bad then add that to make a comparison and gave my roomy the other gram. I like to experiment with stuff lol plus the grass is everywhere in my location and nothing beats free and potent fruits lol I kinda just worked up the ladder trying everything and see what works for me.

• Like 1