• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mycomeso

Wtf is gonna happen???

Mycomeso

I was inoculating some cakes here recently and wanted to see what happened when I inoculated the Wood loving sapprohictic Reishi species into a simple BRF cake formula.I assumed nothing because of the lack of said wood that isn’t present but lo an behold I do have some mycelium growth after a week!!!It doesn’t seem to be the strongest by any means but my question was this....If I do by chance get the reishi mycelium to throughly colonize can I use to transfer to a bulk substrate consisting of wood and what not so as to bring about proper fruiting conditions or is this a experiment bogged down in irrelevancy???

image.jpg

Gemini42

I am not sure...but maybe the BRF had enough nutrients in it to allow hyphae. To propagate.. It may not be the best quality but you should definitely try spawning on logs or sawdust. Lions mane spawn on WBS or rye like all other. So maybe this is the same

Robotard

Ok. My interest is piqued.

That said, who the hell knows, right? I dont know this answer but is there any way of knowing if it were transfered to agar? When ppl have questions about an LC's viability, for contam issues, it is usually suggested to put to agar in order to observe the growth of sample.

Couldnt you transfer myc to agar then to preferred substrate?

Mycomeso

I suppose I could transfer to agar and go about that whole process but this Reishi really isn’t all that desirable in the first place but I do wanna see what comes of this mycelium growth! Will keep everyone posted.

• Like 1

Mycomeso

Here’s an update

9246C650-0F41-4E8B-A50E-33FA8D8249F0.jpeg

7D237773-5EC7-462A-9C9E-34E6B22C27EB.jpeg

• Butthurt 1