• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

tonz-o-funguy

seal a meal and grow bags ????s need advice

tonz-o-funguy

i was looing at geting grow bags they seem to be more convenient. I tried some regular oven bags and the work great but i wanted something a lil better and isnt stuffed with poly fill. I do have a seal a meal can i use this to seal them before i pc?  can i just use the food saver bags that it coes with. Any advice on this would be freaking great!!!! i dont hsve the extra loot for a sealer atm is there any other options to sealingt them?

Fungi2b

Hair straightener

El_Piraña

Does a hair straightener get hot enough?

but yeah, one of vacuum sealers would work, like this 

5511D70C-7D78-49B8-9F93-099C41AF89D5.jpeg.697c2b947d9f864e6a1dcc111691c629.jpeg

Fungi2b

I have used 1 to seal plastic bags but you gotta be careful it don't melt

Not to give too much away but I was sealing stamps so that plastic may be different

tonz-o-funguy

yeah i gotta order a sealing heat strip they sell 3 for 10 bucks or ill just get an impulse sealer that way i dont have to fix anything. Yeah I also red a iron will work also.

Fungi2b

Iron that's what I mean a curling iron.

MycoPete

Most growers use an impulse sealer if they are doing grow bags.  You can see one being used for mushrooms here.

tonz-o-funguy

Thanks yeah I plan to get 7" bags  and sealer Ive tried everything else jars, lots of shapes of pp5. Bags are my next adventure they say they are pre sealable . I burnt an oven bag once 4q them birdys got lol