• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

rastakess304

Dropped fat pin on agar.. worth cleaning up?

Question

rastakess304

I dropped the fattest pin from a humongous cluster onto some agar to see what would happen. I swirled it in hydrogen peroxide and dropped it right on the agar plate. There is definite bacterial contamination (the little dots on the surface), but I’m wondering if it would be worth letting it grow out a little bit more and trying to clean it up? Anyone else had success with this? 

(I also took clones of a mature fruit but I wanted to try this just to see what would happen)

8067D187-F8E4-4A1D-8469-58CA32139242.jpeg

60E19B4F-82C5-4A88-A625-9216B7AA1811.jpeg

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

Mycomeso

Jw but it’s just a pin so genetically how do you even know it was going to turn into a nice big fruit and give you the desired traits your trying to clone???Very interested tho because I’ve wondered the same and wouldn’t mind doing with this method

Sonshyn

Try a dub tub and see what you get . I’ve got a clone with one agar transfer that I didn’t get to the agar before it dried out but it also pinned... so I took the biggest that was dry af and blued out and put that on agar and it’s taking off . Let us know what you do 

rastakess304

So it was from a cluster of some tiny but potent PESAmazonians lol. Ended up cleaning up very nicely, and I put it on a master

Sonshyn

Nice my dried out guy is moving through his agar . Going to transfer that to a couple other agar dishes and pour some PCd grain on top of the original agar so I can run over that for some transfers while I wait on the other pieces to do their thing . 

rastakess304

Hey - Sidenote  what do you guys think about master slants? Does mycelium of all types do well on wood/agar master slant? 

@El_Piraña @Sonshyn

Sonshyn

I’m flattered that you think I would know this but I don’t lol 

El_Piraña
On 1/28/2020 at 9:58 PM, rastakess304 said:

Hey - Sidenote  what do you guys think about master slants? Does mycelium of all types do well on wood/agar master slant? 

@El_Piraña @Sonshyn

Not sure, but I would guess yes. Don’t take my word for it, I actually haven’t tried and never really spent much time looking into it.