• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

yukoncornelius

Mescaline Extraction: Does This Look Right?

yukoncornelius

The picture in this post is from an a/b mescaline extraction using xylene, Hydrochloric Acid, and about 100g of San Pedro (gice or take 10-15gs... notes got mixed up). The picture shows what was left in the Pyrex dish after evaporating all of the d-H2O that was salted with a few drops of HCL Acid (I hope I’m using the correct terminology. I got a C+ in chem and haven’t looked back until recently). 

I was just curious if this is what mescaline hcl extract is supposed to look like. 

I know there are some super smart and helpful cacti wizards out there who could answer my query and help me dial it in (if it turns out that the substance in the dish is just a buncha cactus bullshit that’s absent of any psychedelic goodies. Where you at cacti wizards?!! Drop some knowledge on a brotha! 

As always: Thanks in advance!

-Yukon Cornelius

37A1379B-C11C-49D1-9C36-64F348003DB9.jpeg

25C7856B-DEE3-4521-A237-BCA1A54D6638.jpeg

yukoncornelius

Anyone....?

Bueller......?    

Bueller......?    

Sonshyn

Sorry Yukon I can’t help ya but I wanna know the answer now too . 

wilspeak

Try some and report back on its effects. I wish that I could get my hands on some Mescaline. I guess I have to be happy with my Magic Mushrooms. 

yukoncornelius

Ok, I think I’m gonna try it out in the next few weeks and see how it goes (and report back, of course. Maybe a trip report? Idk, y’all have inspired me, lol!). 
Anywho... the substance in question was synthesized using the San Pedro cactus, the sub strain (or whatever‘s the proper nomenclature) of which I hypothesize to be “PC” unfortunately due to the significantly low yield, not to mention coming across evidence to show that “PC” Pedros contain less psychedelic compounds. 

update coming soon!

MagicalCriminal

No help here. My magic garden has just been started. Cacti is something I don't have to worry about tight harvest times. 

Take a look at harmalas extraction and how NACL and vinegar is used to clean up harmalas alkaloids. It might be of some help and useful for mesc extraction.

magicman

I assume you basified it before salting out with the hcl. It looks the right color though. Should be good if you got xstals but I’m not an expert. Take a half g and see what it does, a third at a time over an hour or 90 mins to reduce stomach discomfort.