• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mycomeso

Just wanted some opinions on spawn run

Mycomeso

So recently I jumped into using oats for the process and am getting ready to spawn to coco coir. My question is this tho, when measuring for the coir with the 1:1 ratio in mind surely that measurement is post water added right? Because if I were to measure it dry then proceed it seems like WAAY to much. I more or less wanted to get the recommended 2 inches of substrate and going to see if that has any impact on my runs, I’m usually a little on the lower side like 1.25-1.5 inches and thinking going the full 2 probably gonna have a decent impact 

image.jpg

• Like 1

El_Piraña

The measurements should be with hydrated coir (or whatever substrate is used.)

A few years back I was doing a bunch of research and read about someone experimenting with different substrate depths. For Cubensis at least, they determined the ideal was something like ~3-3.5 inches. Going too low or too high actually decreased yields. I’ve used shallow trays before and you will get fruits, but it just may not have as many flushes - not a big deal IMO. 

• Like 2