• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

tonz-o-funguy

spores wont germinate Help!!!

tonz-o-funguy

Ok so i have 8 syringes 2 different vendors. 1 pack came in November and pack 2 came end of december. The first round with pack 1 went good did some cakes and some grains. I had no problem with germination did a few agar plates np. Now I try to germinate pack 2 duds.......try to germinate pack1 all duds.....Only a few contams I also used pack1 in cakes duds, lc duds, agar duds Nothing will germinate!! Now i did take a back massager that vibrates to the syringe to break up some clumps some spores were stuck to sides of pack 1. this was suggest and seemed like a good idea at the time but  the dam things can fly through the air for hundreds of miles u think this fd em up? Im racking my brain any input would be great. Ive tried 2 pc also I even made a poo agar plate i think it was 3 days ago, Ive used up 6 ccs in 4 different syringes and nothing!!! what could cause this??? they were stored at room temp in jar next to exterior wall since i received them. I've tried just about everything ugh. agar-distilled water-pc 50min, cakes were an hour also.

El_Piraña

I don’t know if this helps with your immediate problems, but you could try buying spore prints instead of syringes. I’ve also had some issues with syringes in the past. Since you’re already working with agar, you can scrape some spores from a print onto the agar. There’s usually enough moisture in the agar to hydrate the spores.

• Like 1

tonz-o-funguy

yeah i regret not buying prints next time I definitely will. I emailed the vendor i hope they replace them i was a few days outside there 30 day policy so well see. I think i see some germination today I;ve done so many plates so many different ways just to try and get them to germinate. I spent 80 bucks on that order and im unable to afford more so I hope they replace them.

Fungi2b

Did they?

tonz-o-funguy

yes finally I had started to use new containers and my exchange was to tight so i added more holes  I ended up mixing up my apes and trufs by forgetting to label but I got the going. Woodlovers are being stubborn though i got em on a poo water plate. They actually still germinated after being closed up with no gas exchange for over a week well some plates did and some didnt but I got i few mini rounds that have 50 plus colonies on them!! I should probably put them in fridge before they all run together? So I can slowly play with all the genetics on there I shouldnt have to use any spores for quite sometime. Getting the agar plates just right has been trial and error i got em down now.

i felt like such and idiot when i finally realized what i didn't notice.....I had a contam issue last run so i was fixated on not getting contams that i didnt realize i Left absolutely no room for exchange😔

Fungi2b

Are you using parafilm on your dishs? Storing dishs In the fridge works great for longer term storage.  I'm "allowed" a crisper drawer to keep my agar and l.cs in.

• Haha 2

Sonshyn
14 minutes ago, Fungi2b said:

I'm "allowed" a crisper drawer to keep my agar and l.cs in.

You are ruled by a gracious and noble lord. 

• Haha 2

tonz-o-funguy

Hopefully If I bring a proper offering my noble lord will allow to me to make use of crisper!!!

• Haha 1

Fungi2b

Gifts of household labor and meal prep seem to work in my lands, may it also work in yours.

tonz-o-funguy

hahaha yes using the magic pressure machine for edible delectables will sway the fair maiden in favor of my court!!

On a side not I was reading there maybe potency benefits to isolating slower colonizing phenotypes bc they produce more actives. Are both a.p.e and truffle myc just slow naturally? or should i keep germinating from my syringe to faster colonizers? I got a bunch of slow moving ones I got about fifty colonies on small mini round and they just dont seem to be moving? maybe my agar is off? I'm gonna pour next time I have to do plates several days in advance to allow the moisture to evap currently I might try side holes in them next if that doesnt help I pour in s.a.b.