• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Samwise

Super potent magic mushroom tincture drops anyone?

Samwise

Hi All,

So recently this very potent magic mushroom tincture crossed my path...little blue drops, predominantly alcohol-based I think. Highly potent, essentially the mushroom answer to liquid LSD. Three drops was sufficient for a nice time, six drops and you're apparently starting to enter deeper waters. Until I had encountered this, I wasn't aware of a mushroom extract existing in such a highly potent form. Not that it isn't feasible I guess, but this was an excellent and very convenient way of using psilocybin, very smooth and easy on the body, and reliable dosing, easy to titrate oneself to their desired level of ascendancy.

Has anyone else encountered this? And does anyone with more advanced chemistry knowledge than I know how one might go about preparing such a potent tincture?

😊

tonz-o-funguy

Yeah I was reading that you can do an grain alcohol extraction by heating the mush and alcohol strain out material/repeat to get rest of goodies out make sure to use everclear or 151 I imagine anything 80 proof and above would work.  You can figure out dosage by volume and mass you added. You can evap it down for higher concentration or crystals. I was actually planning on doing this myself soon.

• Like 1

MagicalCriminal

Dunno. Many attempts have been made such as COG.  It could be psilocybin but not psilocin.  I would still question it simply because a little 4-ACO mixed with color and your tincture choice would give similar effects and be more stable.

• Like 1

Samwise
On 3/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, MagicalCriminal said:

Dunno. Many attempts have been made such as COG.  It could be psilocybin but not psilocin.  I would still question it simply because a little 4-ACO mixed with color and your tincture choice would give similar effects and be more stable.

Yeah I'm sceptical, I think this is a more likely explanation. I was in touch with a psychedelically interested chemist friend who has access to a GC-MS so hoping to get a sample and then he'll analyse it to find out what's really going on. He said that psilocin would actually be much more soluble than psilocybin in terms of concentration per unit amount of ethanol/water tincture...but it is a much more fragile molecule than psilocybin so that's not ideal.