• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Gemini42

HELP. Pins look funny. Humidity or Bacteria?

Gemini42

Good Morning,

If I could get help identifying what causes early pins to form into fruits like this in the picture. I have used 3 different strains and all of them show this weird form of fruit formation. For awhile I thought I had a Bacteria Contamination {still think I might} but I have not seen to many images online to match what these fruits look like. They end up often making full canopies of just undeveloped, early veil tearing fruits. They look like Verticullum near the end yet it still manages to push out a amazing 2nd or 3rd flush. 

Based off the image what do you think causes fruits to form like this?

I use 3.5 quart distilled water, 2 quart Verm and 650g coco coir. 1 cup of  gypsum under clean conditions. Bucket tek.

These knot fine and look healthy but when they grow they don't like like they should.

ALSO the pins often form sideways or mutated... like just the cap forms first then the rest comes out. 

Please I just need to know if Im dealing with Humidity, FAE or Bacteria.

Got a fan pointed near on a timer, every 30 min on and off..

IMG_20200305_085929.jpg

IMG_20200305_085832.jpg

Gemini42

Any advice? I seem to think I have high humidity or to dry of a sub. My pinset is inconsistant. Some skinny, some fat, all form fucked up. 2nd flushes are normal. Anyone know why the first ones start like this?

Sonshyn

Man idk, I had a friend have that happen too . First flush was all funky and the second fine . 

Good luck

tonz-o-funguy

Possibly genetics what strain? appears you have fuzzy feet which is lack of fae.

magicman

Is the fan pointed directly at the tub? That will dry it out and drop rh. You can’t really have too much humidity with cubes. If it doesn’t smell weird or sour it’s fine, no bacteria tam. You can try a pre dunk too if the sub feels too dry when you go to fruit.