Any recommend LC recipes for Panaeolus?

Hi All, is anyone here able to recommend any liquid culture recipes they've found work well for Panaeolus species? My go to is AL203's karo and extra light malt extract recipe which works very well indeed for all Psilocybe species I have grown, and lion's mane mycelium loves it to. Pan cambo and Pan cyan on the other hand show initial promising growth before things stall a bit. There is some mycelium present for sure, but it doesn't seem to be thriving like the mycelium of other species I have grown. Wondering if anyone here has found success with any LC recipes for Panaeolus?

• Like 2
Mushinist

I use the same recipe as you do, even for pan and mexicana varieties and all seem to do well, I'd touch base with Asura or Jake, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

• Like 2
Mush Zombie
On 12/27/2020 at 5:56 AM, Samwise said:

Hi All, is anyone here able to recommend any liquid culture recipes they've found work well for Panaeolus species? My go to is AL203's karo and extra light malt extract recipe which works very well indeed for all Psilocybe species I have grown, and lion's mane mycelium loves it to. Pan cambo and Pan cyan on the other hand show initial promising growth before things stall a bit. There is some mycelium present for sure, but it doesn't seem to be thriving like the mycelium of other species I have grown. Wondering if anyone here has found success with any LC recipes for Panaeolus?

Did you use a culture or spores to inoculate? If it was a culture it could just be that you need to switch the recipe. I’ve had cultures that didn’t do well after transferring to the same recipe that had been in that liquid for a long time. Switched to potato dextrose LC and the culture bounced back. 

I recommend using a completely different recipe.

You could also try turning up the heat a bit possibly depending on what the temperature is, or waiting longer.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Samwise

Thanks guys. I inoculated the LC via an agar wedge. Although the mycelium in the LC looked a bit lackluster, it does seem to be colonsing jars of rice/dung without issue. Time and heat definitely isn't an issue, the room the LC and grain jars are being stored in is nice and warm, and initial growth was rapid. Thank you for the recipe switch recommendation...I will definitely try this if I have issues.

• Like 1