been a min new grow

ed61874

Light box to hold tools in side of my gb with alcohol bath 

Lightbox and alcohol bath for tools in my gb.

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

You will still need liquid or heat sanitization most likely, but if you have the money to spend its worth a shot. I think it might be interesting.

El_Piraña

I use that same tub as a SAB.  When it’s not being used as a SAB, I store my supplies in it in a closet.

• Like 2
ed61874

Next time i will have my scaple in the box. I have a nice metal inoculation loop but the spores where just really stuck i bent the loop trying to scrape them up might be fine in a few days will see. Was reading of using a drop of sterilized water to lift the spores off but don't want to put water on my prints not yet anyway. 

• Like 2
ed61874

Ok update. It has been 14 days no growth of any kind on any plate. So 1 of 2 things i was not successful in transferring the spores or the print is no good but it should be fine stored in a cool dry dark place less than 2yrs old. I will try the transfer again today. Well  good point is my gb is working well for there to be 0 growth after 14 days in a incubator and the print is clean. Will use my scalpel this time by god make sure i get them. If you fail try try again.

• Like 1
mushmouth

Yea I'd be perplexed. One scrape should have been PLENTY enough spores to find some good ones. Did you make the print?

ed61874

Yes 

Here are pics of my loop it would just bend not scrape the print. They are really stuck. On the foil . will use a scalpel to scrap the print then i will know for sure i have 2 other prints made about the same time but different grows i just printed the best looking of the grows.

20210307_114541.jpg

20210307_114525.jpg

• Like 1
mushmouth

You must have been trying to be VERY careful lol.

Yea just scrape some off into the dish. You'll see them fall off the foil.

ed61874

I was first time working with a print 😅. So this time im going to get them off lol. Before i all ways worked from slats i made or my original spore syringe. Still have it but it is 3 yrs old and i want to try and get back the genetics i was working with. Really sucks when you lose your slats that is a lot of plates to get to the proven grow to just lose to power outages. Another reason it has been a yr since i did a run

• Like 1
mushmouth
3 minutes ago, ed61874 said:

I was first time working with a print 😅. So this time im going to get them off lol. Before i all ways worked from slats i made or my original spore syringe. Still have it but it is 3 yrs old and i want to try and get back the genetics i was working with. Really sucks when you lose your slats that is a lot of plates to get to the proven grow to just lose to power outages. Another reason it has been a yr since i did a run

I get it for sure. Until just recently I was worried about my cambos.

Good luck, bud.

• Thanks 1
ed61874

Ok take 2 i know there are spores on the plates can see them. Used my scalpel to scrap then poured them on the plate spread around with my loop now lets see what happens.

20210307_191058.jpg

20210307_191025.jpg

20210307_191040.jpg

20210307_190959.jpg

• Like 2
Mush Zombie

Sometimes spores to agar can be hit or miss. I add a little extra water to my agar for spores. I push the spores into the agar as well as wipe them across the surface. Seems to do better for me.

Same thing with swabs 

• Like 2
ed61874

Ok lost gt2 to contamination looks like bacteria. So time for a test with the uv wand going to sterilize the spot and see what happens. Will take before and after pics.

Ok so i exposed the growth uv light for the time recommend the thing blips when done i wonder if it will kill it and if it will kill all the spores on the dish as well guess we get to see will take daily pics for updates. Even in failure we can find something to learn 

20210309_173905.jpg

20210309_174010_HDR.jpg

20210309_173830.jpg

20210309_173859.jpg

20210309_174028_HDR.jpg

20210309_174046_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
Mush Zombie

You’re right. That’s absolutely bacteria. Or yeast. One of the two.

• Like 1
ed61874

The first day there is no change in the contamination. It has not grown any has started to turn brown.

20210310_174342.jpg

• Like 2
ed61874

Well here is day 2 after uv exposure. Still no growth and it is turning more brown but no signs of spreading. 

20210311_211748.jpg

20210311_211756_HDR.jpg

• Like 1