AA+ tubs

AlbinoRhino

Tamming out? The seem to be turning grey.

82C9810A-ACD3-4BC2-B469-147764923A6F.jpeg

5FEBC847-4213-4317-A2DF-6F1BA4D24C1F.jpeg

• Butthurt 1
Moonphase

My condolences.   But, on the bright side they were going good and they looked good and white.   Now, the hard part.   Trying to figure out what went wrong so it won't happen next time.   MZ might have a few "maybes"?    ☠️

• Haha 1
AlbinoRhino

I normally don’t case

• Like 2
mushmouth
2 hours ago, AlbinoRhino said:

I normally don’t case

You never have problems with the sub drying out?

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

Looks like they are drying out.

Whats the RH?

• Like 2
AlbinoRhino

Not sure on the RH. I will get it dialed in. I thought that they were maybe getting to wet so I toned it down a bit. I don’t see any molds as of right now so I don’t think there is any contamination. 

1 hour ago, mushmouth said:

You never have problems with the sub drying out?

I usually get decent flushes, and haven’t really seen an increase in yield worth noting when casing. I also like the fact that I am not introducing something else  that can cause contamination. But, if it looks like my tubs are drying out, maybe I should start.

• Like 1
AlbinoRhino

Day 11 in fruiting. Some one off pins starting to form.

440B10B5-3348-472D-B6E2-DCEE192DF328.jpeg

• Like 2
Mush Zombie

Stop fanning when you see pins 

• Like 2
AlbinoRhino

Got it.

• Like 1
AlbinoRhino
3 minutes ago, Mush Zombie said:

In this case (pun intended) the conditions were just not conducive to a good pinset. There was too much evaporation happening, it appears. In fact a casing would have prevented that from happening and the low RH conditions that I suspect were present would have been perfect for a cased sub.

Case or not to case is a question that should be asked with the environmental conditions in mind. There’s a time to use a casing and there is a time to not use a casing. RH and airflow is the key there.

If RH will be above 90% don’t use a casing.

If RH will be 85-90% a casing could cause mold or mildew to grow on it if airflow is not sufficient with the threat of contamination, and need for airflow growing as the RH in that range increases 

If RH will be 70-85% This is where you will require a casing to prevent the mycelium and substrate from drying out.

I prefer cased substrates because I prefer to use low tech/low RH methods for simple things like cubensis. That’s just my style. Do whatever works for you. As long as you’re getting what you want out of your work, that’s all that matters. 

Thx for info MZ. 

• Like 1
Mush Zombie
38 minutes ago, AlbinoRhino said:

Thx for info MZ. 

You’re welcome. Fruits look good! I bet second flush will be good too!

• Like 1