sporeboyz

Just wondering about the bulk grow for beginners system and if instead of wbs can rye grain be used? Thanks for the sight, Good info and topics.

wbs/rye/wheat all works. just depends what u can get cheapest or what u like working with.....

future note.... questions and related should be posted in the General Cultivation section

Mush Zombie

You can use any type of grain spawn you choose. WBS is just how I do it. Works for me because its cheap and easy to get, but not mandatory, like neo said :)

Be sure to use Rye Berries and NOT Rye seed ( its like grass seed ) Like Mush said , wbs is cheap with fewer contams too imo.I went through a 40lb bag of rye last year and was happy to get back to wbs.Some guys love the rye berries.Good luck man

Most any grain can be used as spawn, even for other species like wood lovers will grow on grain. there are  few grain that are very hard to work with and expensive like millet, rye grass seed, and amaranth grain... most of the time small grains are not used because they can not hold moisture well and will dry much faster, millet is  example of a grain that does not retain moisture well. from  WBS is a mixture of milo and millet... the milo holds water well , so you do not notice the millet drying. i use just milo because that is what WBS is most of and i get it cheap at 50 pounds for 10 bucks, when it comes down to it is is just bout what is cheap around you and what is easy to learn to work with. Everyone seems to be able to get WBS , so there are alot of teks on how to prepare it.

• Like 1
sporeboyz

Thanks very much for all the return info. I appreciate it very much. Looks like I may be a member for some time to come :) Great site.