• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

bobhope357

Im New To Lcs

bobhope357

hi all im just getting in to lc im useing light or white crown corn syrup i did the mz lc you tube tek for the lids it all looks good i have not tested them yet but i will soon it all nice and clear i have a blob i dont know if its myc yet or not but thats not the qustion  to me this lc realy dose look like hippy piss kind of cool in the color has change  realy like a yellow to me the color looks like a that stuff thats in a stessed brf jar  is it normal

i die a little bit on the inside if i think  my mushroom are stressed thay have  work to do you  know

the other qustion i have is if i keep lc at room temp is that ok what kind of shelf life do thay have at room temp i read some place that thay keep for 2 years but i think thay have to be in the frig

thank you for your time

BEYOND2

yes you can keep the LC at room temp but you dont want to store it there for more than a month or 2 IMO. After a month of being in an incubator or at room temp i always put them in the fridge. Putting your lc's in the fridge for long time storage is the best way, it slows the the growth of MYC so it wont use up the nutrients as fast as it would at room or any other temp :D

IAmUbiquitous

While the above suggestions are correct and accurate, I can tell you that I've maintained liquid cultures for over a year at room temperature, and even exposed to light. In my experience then, they are often seen to form a 'mat' of mycellium over the top of the liquid culture, and are even known to fruit (cubensis, shiitake, oyster, lions mane, etc.), but are solid and good.I would also HIGHLY suggest that you use honey as the sugar source as the growth is always better than with Karo Syrup, even with nutrient yeast addition.

• Like 1