Agar recipies !!!

Dozzer

During an evening of knowledge surfing I came across these, havent tried them yet, and take no credit for these, as stated I found them and mearly copied it here for you to read and try

The following are proven agar recipes specifically formulated for the in vitro culturing and long-term maintenance of Psilocybe cubensis strains. All media have a near-neutral pH and should be sterilized for fifteen to twenty minutes at 15 psi pressure:

Amaranth* Soy Agar

20 grams amaranth flour

20 grams soy flour

9.5 grams agar

500 mL distilled water

*Amaranth, from South America, is the only grain that contains all essential amino acids; it is extremely high in L-lysine, containing up to five percent.

EntheoGenesis No. 442

10 grams amaranth flour

10 grams brown rice flour

10 grams potato flour

10 grams soy flour

2 grams malted barley

9.5 grams agar

500 mL distilled water

Oatmeal Neopeptone Agar

40 grams oatmeal or oat flour

2 grams neopeptone (optional)

9.5 grams agar

500 mL distilled water

Modified Sabouraud's Medium

25 grams barley flour

5 grams dextrose

2 grams neopeptone (optional)

1 gram yeast extract

9.5 grams agar

500 mL distilled water

Cornmeal Dextrose Agar

25 grams yellow cornmeal

2.5 grams dextrose

9.5 grams agar

500 mL distilled water

Barley Malt Extract Agar

40 grams barley flour

2 grams malt extract

1 - 2 grams yeast extract (optional)

9.5 grams agar

500 mL distilled water

Dr. Pollock's Modified Agar*

10 grams dried dog food

10 grams amaranth flour

2 grams dextrose or malt extract

9.5 grams agar

500 mL distilled water

*The above formula is a modification of one first used by the late Dr. Stephen H. Pollock, discoverer of the extremely rare Psilocybe tampanensis, Psilocybe wassoniorum, and ethnomycologist par excellance.

Tips

*The flask or bottle in which the medium is sterilized should never be more than two-thirds full in order to avoid boilover; plug the flask or bottle with non-absorbent cotton and cover with aluminum foil to help prevent entry of external contaminants.

*Remove the medium as soon as the pressure reaches "0." Oversterilization or prolonged heating will change the composition of the medium. Sugars such as dextrose or malt can "caramelize," resulting in a medium that can inhibit mycelial growth and encourage sectors (mutations). Excessive heating of medium can also cause a drop in pH, resulting in a more acid medium. It is possible to destroy completely the gelling properties of agar by prolonged heating, and this destruction is hastened as the acidity increases.

*For long-term health and maintenance of sacred strains, alternate any two of the above media. This will help prevent senescence, which can occur when cultures are grown on one medium only. Store strains at 35° - 40°F; transfer every six months. In this manner, sacred strains can be maintained for years.

*Never compromise the integrity of your strain library. Strains showing even a hint of senescence should be (ideally) removed from the collection

Peace From The East

**D**

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That is some awesome Info there, like the part about the flower in South America" *Amaranth, from South America, is the only grain that contains all essential amino acids; it is extremely high in L-lysine, containing up to five percent. make me wonder if you could use it in Cakes to replace BRF?I like the dog food one too!!! thanks for posting your find Dozzer

I would assume that the Amaranth Flour

could be used in place of BRF...Ill look over the next few hrs and see if it can be purchased locally or online at reasonable prices

Your very welcome...Im just trying to make the ology a wealth of information

Peace

**D**

• Like 1

Great Job D :wub: You is one hard workin mutha around here and we appreciate it bro! Heading to the asian grocer tomorrow for Agar and hope to find those low rider Ball jars MZ talking about .Time to get working on something new in the Myc world.Ive got some shitty Alacabenzi and Cambo genetics that I have been wasting time with.Maybe I can get them cleaned up and turn them into something productive

Just spreading the knowlege PP, thanx for noticing

and now as promised

Where Can I Buy Amaranth LOCALLY?

The easiest way to buy whole Amaranth seed and Amaranth flour is at your local health food store. It is usually organic and sold by the pound in the bulk food aisle.

Don't overlook your local grocery stores, particularly larger chains like Safeway, Winco, and Fred Meyer, etc., they sometimes stock whole grains in their health food aisle. Their prices are usually more reasonable, and they will also special order items (in bulk) for you, free of shipping.

Where Can I Buy Amaranth ONLINE?

There are many online resources for purchasing this product at a reasonable price. However, shipping costs should be considered in the price. Here is a listing of sites that offer whole Amaranth seed (for eating), Amaranth flour, and related items in both smaller quantities and bulk, with reasonable or free shipping:

Ive not listed the links due to so jeasuse many of them...there is some calculations that need to be done to get the best price for what your buying in all cases, some sites drop a percent off when ordering many LBs and some dont...check locally first, let the corporations pay for the shipping

Peace

**D**

Got some of the Amaranth flour from the local food store. it cost me $8 for a LB. real Pricey..I hope it make a difference in the Agar. I will post the Agar the I do so everyone can see the growth.

Got some of the Amaranth flour from the local food store. it cost me $8 for a LB. real Pricey..I hope it make a difference in the Agar. I will post the Agar the I do so everyone can see the growth.

That woul be excelent to have results for the recipe...thanks for that AL, I greatly apreciate your efforts, and im sure i can speak for the community on that alsoPeace**D**
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Dozzer

is agar and agar agar the same thing

Agar Agar is the plain Agar, there are many additives such as Malt, which add nutrients to the Agar Agar, thus enabling the Mycelium to thrive on the media The Recipes above hold many sources of nutrients for Mycelium to grow strong Peace **D**
  • Like 1
  • Topics

• Moonphase
      A big gap.  It was a story about ayahuasca and antibiotics that got me wondering about mixing the two being a bad idea.   Thank you for the input.  
    • Samwise
      Intriguing and harrowing case report of someone who injected themselves with mushroom (P. cubensis) tea...spores included. He nearly killed himself doing this, and was on ICU life support for multiple-system organ failure for some time. He had bipolar disorder type I and had been researching ways to treat his opioid dependence and depression, and was intrigued to give psychedelics a try. One very weird take away from this: "...the species of mushroom he had injected was now growing in his blood". Not only did the mushroom spores survive boiling, but they germinated and started growing in his bloodstream according to this. Curious about the wider evolutionary implications of this pertaining to the mushroom...given how tough and resilient mushroom spores appear to be, it calls into question the hypothesis put forward that psilocybin acts as a repellent...perhaps it more likely acts as an attractant. Makes me curious about the association of P. cubensis with bovine dung, perhaps bovines are ingesting spores and helping distribute them...I wouldn't put it past those crafty fungi. https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mp74/man-injects-magic-mushrooms-they-grow-in-his-blood Study: Giancola et al. (2021) A “trip” to the ICU: intravenous injection of psilocybin. Journal of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, In Press. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S266729602030015X
    • Samwise
      Thanks guys. I inoculated the LC via an agar wedge. Although the mycelium in the LC looked a bit lackluster, it does seem to be colonsing jars of rice/dung without issue. Time and heat definitely isn't an issue, the room the LC and grain jars are being stored in is nice and warm, and initial growth was rapid. Thank you for the recipe switch recommendation...I will definitely try this if I have issues.
    • Mushinist
      More buds, and back corner is those pereskiopsis 
    • mushmouth
      What's going on over there on the right?