• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

SquidHead

One (okay maybe a couple) step tek

SquidHead

This is a little old school but it works great! This is how it was done before PF tek was around.Prep some grains in whatever size jars you prefer (pints are ok, quart size works better FYI! ;) )Noc up your jar as you would any other grain jar with some MS, agar or LC (agar and LC for quicker results) and then place in IC for appropriate amount of time to become 100% colonized. With MS anywhere from 2-4 weeks, with agar and LC 8-14 days. Once it looks something like this;post-106-0-79980100-1329353158_thumb.jpg you are ready to case.Casing can consist of your favorite recipe or straight verm (which is my prefered casing).Once cased place in FC with temps around 70 within a week usually you will see pins.post-106-0-13700900-1329353293_thumb.jpgGreat fast way to get some prints quickly from a strain that you may not have surplus genetics wise and don't want to take too many chances with losing out with bulk but want bigger and more potent fruits than the PF tek.post-106-0-31612500-1329352842_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-45641600-1329352843_thumb.jpgInvitro growth can be minimized with foil wrapped tightly around the jar or any other creative means you can think of to block light from getting to the sides of the jar. But it usually wont happen too much until you try to get more than one or two flushes and the grains begin to contract from the myc consuming it and creating air flow between the myc and glass. Pics are old but so is the tek, the main thing that matters is that it will get you results easily and with minimal extra steps. :D

• Like 2

BEYOND2

old skool but it still works nice shit :D

• Like 1

Flawedprophecy

Nice man. :D

• Like 1

Str0be

So does this have to be grains, or would WBS work?

• Like 1

ViciouS

So does this have to be grains, or would WBS work?

lol. What are millet and sorghum?
  • Like 1

Dozzer

Back From The Dead, I had Forgotten about this TEK...Thanx For Posting and sharingPeace From The East**D**

• Like 1

Those Who Were

I remember when this was on ST! It works very well, but you don't get much IME. But it is cool to see this one over here at Shroomology :D I love wha Str0be asks up there^^^...LOL! sifted WBS is predominately Milo and Millet (which are both grains!) Peace all. NS

SquidHead
On 2/16/2012 at 10:23 AM, 'Newest Shroomer said:

I remember when this was on ST! It works very well, but you don't get much IME. But it is cool to see this one over here at Shroomology :D I love wha Str0be asks up there^^^...LOL! sifted WBS is predominately Milo and Millet (which are both grains!) Peace all. NS

Correct yield isn't that great but it is better than a cake. A jar like that can yield almost a 1/4 dry first flush, Cakes don't do that in one flush, at least not very often. There is more nutrients in a jar of grain than a PF tek jar (even if they were the same size). The difference is that the verm in the PF tek holds more water than the grains alone allowing for more consective flushes (still limited though). This tek came from the book "PSILOCYBIN magic mushroom growers guide" by O.T Oss and O.N. Oeric in 1976 (20 years after being published it became my very first mushroom book ;) ). The tek was originally derived from a tek developed by San Antonio in 1971 that was intended for growing Agaricus Bisporus in a labratory setting. IMO these were the original pioneers of indoor mushroom cultivation. There have obviously been a lot of advancements to the process but, without their efforts we may not be were we are today in this hobby we all so much enjoy!

• Like 2

Those Who Were

I definately wasn't knocking the tek, just not the one for me personally. Yea, I certainly know the invitro grain tek yields far more than a PF tek cake will ever do, and it is quite simple to do, but I'm just a humble Bulk Bag Man :D . Which if ya think about it is just about the same with a couple extra steps tossed in! I remember when this tek made it into an issue of "High Times Mag" along time ago!! They showed the invitro and then showed a whole bathtub of colonized grains to show how well the "new" tek worked! Now the bathtub was one hell of a picture back then.Okay almost time to take out my first batch of grain jars out of the pc!Peace Squid.NS

• Like 1