Buy Premade Agar?

sinoxygen

Can I just buy that agar instead of making it? Then when I choose a shroom I like to clone I extract a small bit from the center of the stem?

sandalphon

probably.

however, i'm the type of person that likes to make for himself what he can.

life is all about intentions...you get back what you put in.

do you want a store bought experience? i don't...so i try to use as little store bought goods as i can.

i take psychedelics a lot more seriously than do most people, unfortunately. i view psychedelics as physical incarnations of spirits. so, i try to show the upmost reverence to them.

i know, i know...it's just agar, right? nope. it's the first meal for your teacher. so...do you want your teacher's first meal to be store bought or would you rather be the one to cook your teacher's first meal?

this is all how i see it. scientifically, i don't know that there's much of a difference. as far as energy and intentions is concerned, there is a huge difference.

• Like 2
shroomy_peace

Technically agar by itself is just gelatin that mycellium doesn't turn to soup. So, yes purchase agar, then add the nutrients yourself. Malt is good, but I prefer the potato dextrose method. Either way it's all about sterile procedure when working with agar, make sure you have a good glove box or flow hood, otherwise you are certain to have tams.As far as petri dishes, MZ has a good tek here that uses small special mason jars. There is also a tek for clear lids, which after using solid lids, I can tell you are necessary. Good luck :)

you are god.....both spiritually and physically especially when it comes to growing these mushies.....thus what you say goes.....listening to what anyone else says regarding what you must do is tantamount to heresy......thats my spiritual rant of the day

yes premade agar dishes work fine.....but if your gonna waste that kinda money just buy premade powder like labs buy.....easy shit supposing you know how to PC quart jars of wbs (or whatever) you intend to inoculate with these cloned pieces

but im cheap and would follow a tek off here like peace suggested.

And Yes......from the middle of the stem (stipe).....itll be stringy white shit, thats what u want.....clean the stipe first with alc you use for cleaning any other myc tool (90% or higher)

• Like 2