• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

AL2O3

MALT AND KARO LIQUID CULTURE

Twotails

I use liquid malt, only thing i could find, it is 3ml barley malt syrup, and 5ml light karo syrup to 250ml water. i normaly make 500ml per jar(quart jar) and i do 7 jars at a time.

Str0be

This is the only LC tek I have ever used. Works like a charm.

• Like 2

BEYOND2

nice shit!!!!!!!

• Like 1

phish

Mark/malt is the only one that has EVER worked for me.Its an outstanding tek and it stays crystal clear with extra light malt,

• Like 2

Dozzer

Hands down...Best LC TEK availble...once I tried i never turned back to any otherPeace From The East**D**

• Like 2

BEYOND2

hey how much malt would i add to a 1/2 pint jar if i use 1 tbls of karo im retarded whn it comes to ML measurements :P

• Like 1

AL2O3

hey how much malt would i add to a 1/2 pint jar if i use 1 tbls of karo im retarded when it comes to ML measurements :P

1 tbsp = 5 ml/cc1/4 tsp = 0.5 gramsyou are making the amount for a pint jar. If you are going to use 1 tbsp of karo
  • Like 1

BEYOND2

ok so 3 ML is about 1/2 a tbsp of karo thn

• Like 1

Str0be

You can also weigh out the Karo. Karo is just like water and weighs 1g per ml.

• Like 1

AL2O3

yes, round about 1/2tablespoon is 3 ml/cc

You can also weigh out the Karo. Karo is just like water and weighs 1g per ml.

Actually 1 ml/cc karo weighs 1.5 grams
  • Like 1

thepuma

I ran with this one and the future is looking good :wub:

• Like 1

Guest DocShroo

hey how much malt would i add to a 1/2 pint jar if i use 1 tbls of karo im retarded whn it comes to ML measurements :D

a good rule is 1/4 tsp malt to 1 tsp karo to 600 h2o then pour into smal jars and pc 15 min, i found 100ml baby bottles with a tyvek lid and a dot of rtv col super fast with these measurements 10 days and they are ready
  • Like 2

BEYOND2

a good rule is 1/4 tsp malt to 1 tsp karo to 600 h2o then pour into smal jars and pc 15 min, i found 100ml baby bottles with a tyvek lid and a dot of rtv col super fast with these measurements 10 days and they are ready

nice thanks for the tip doc
  • Like 1

Guest Taviddude

Nice write-up Al. I just had someone ask me about this Tek from another forum, lol. The knowledge spreads man, the knowledge spreads.... B)

• Like 1

WyLee

Definately trying this! The LC looks nice and clear... desirable IMO. Thanks for the write up :D

• Like 1

stnulberom

Tried 7 q jars with this today all Brazilian from Ralphsters but I did about half dose on the recommended amount of karo and malt for q jars. The dry barley malt was a bit of a pain is the liquid a good alternative?

• Like 1

AL2O3

liquid malt will work, malt is just sugar from grains, grain is allowed to germinate and the starch is converted into simple sugars. fungi love it

• Like 1

• Topics

• Moonphase
      Bought different trash bags and 12 small containers today.   Couldn't find any that had flat bottoms.   They all seem to have that middle raised part to them.    Guess I'll sit down today and see if I can put some colonized grain spawn to substrate without any tams.    It's time to see if the Jalisco will do something.   Wish me luck.
    • MagicalCriminal
      @SonshynI think it was my own brain fart.  1:6 or possibly 8 uses a lot of sub.  @El_Piraña I will read up on the tek. I can PC almost 42 quarts at a time, but pasteurizing does have its benefits. 
    • El_Piraña
      I almost always pasteurize my substrate instead of sterilize. When I started pasteurizing, I would put the sub in quart jars and use my PC without the lid. But that still limited me to 7 qt at a time, maybe 3-4 more quarts if I used a second pot at the same time. I was running into the same problem, couldn’t keep up with making enough sub.  I changed to using large disposable lasagna pans. I would fill up four of those at a time, seal with aluminum foil and put them in the oven. I can’t recall how many qts in each pan, I don’t have my notes with me.  I did get more evaporation with this method so I had to start with slightly extra water so that the end result was field capacity.
    • Sonshyn
      Maybe use the oven instead of the pc ? 
    • MagicalCriminal
      @Moonphasenext ones will be better. So far the first 3 tubs are doing ok. All 3 look like this. I folded the plastic down to help keep the edges from evaping to fast, but left it up enough for some fresh air.  Going to open it up in next day or so. Fingers crossed for tam free even pinset.