• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

AL2O3

RYE GRASS SEED PREP (RGS)

Dozzer

DBL POST, MY BAD !!!

WyLee

Fear is not an Option my sista from a different Mista !!! :P I just wanted to add, that if you dont look forward to the more Complicated(So to speak) processes & experiment for what is working the best for you, unfortunatly you will get bored with the hobby dooing the same thing over and over again...theres nothing wrong with this, but ya never know you may have super luck with Rye over WBS or vise versa...ramble ramble...basically dont be scared to try new out. Sometimes trying new leads you into a whole different though pattern...experimental minds rule this hobby...know what I mean. Peace **D**

Lol D... ur right :P I did do just one bag bc I was curious. It's huge too (at least to me), I put like 4 quarts of rye in it! I ended up having a little extra LC in my syringe, didn't know what to do with it, so I walked outside where I have some hpoo drying and shot up a piece of poop and stuck it in a loosly tied baggy. Purely just for shits n giggles and observation. (Pun intended!) Thanks for the input!
  • Like 1

OStricher

Dozzer is right. trying new things will show a lot. Some work for some and others don't. You don't have to go big in trying. If it works...great. If not, you haven't lost much. A "shits n giggles" experiment. I love it! :lol:

Dozzer

Lol D... ur right :P I did do just one bag bc I was curious. It's huge too (at least to me), I put like 4 quarts of rye in it! I ended up having a little extra LC in my syringe, didn't know what to do with it, so I walked outside where I have some hpoo drying and shot up a piece of poop and stuck it in a loosly tied baggy. Purely just for shits n giggles and observation. (Pun intended!) Thanks for the input!

Shits first, giggles when fruits are done...giggity !!! :P

Peace

**D**

WyLee

Baahaha, poops funny :)

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Tattooed Headshrinker
      Thanks for the replies. I was hoping their delivery times would be a little faster since it says 4-5 days on their website. I have everything I need for my first grow except the spores. Hopefully my order will arrive eventually, but in the meantime I might order spores from another vendor so I can get started sooner rather than later.  BTW, I was listening to Phish when phish replies to this thread. 
    • magicman
      Simple bag tek (you just need a PC): Order some large mushroom spawn bags, 0.5 micron filter patches. Put a quarter sized dab of silicone on the filter patch and let dry overnight before PC’ing for your SHIP. Fill bags with 1.5” CMC (composted cow manure) and then the same amount of coarse vermiculite so your substrate is about 3” thick.  Then fill half of a qt jar with any grain like WBS, oats, rye or wheat berries, etc. Put grain in blender and powderize. Add to your bag along with 1/2 tbs hydrated lime like Mrs. Wages.  Mix everything up well and then slowly add RO or distilled water until it gets to field capacity. Fold the top of the bag down 3 times to the top of the filter patch after getting as much air out as you can, then squeeze the rest of the air out and fold the bag down around the sub with the filter facing out. Clip the ends with binder clips, and use 2 rubber bands to hold the bag down.  PC for 2 hours at 15 psi. Inoculate bag through your SHIP once it’s cooled overnight with spores or LC. Put in inc until it is fully colonized and then just set it out in a room with good air circulation to fruit it.  It takes about a month to colonize but it’s simple and better than vendor kits and a lot cheaper. 
    • MysticMadness
      Aren't they a sponsor of the site? I just told someone they were and need to go back and find the post to edit if not.
    • phish
      First of all, we as moderators and Administrators, have no affiliation with SOS whatsoever. That being said, there have been many  issues with orders being overly delayed being filled.  Its a small time operation from what I understand, and they get backlogged with emails and texts from impatient customers. I guess SOS just don’t care to respond, for unknown reasons. Then BOOM , your spores show up at your door a couple months later. Granted, that’s not the way customers wish to be treated, but for now, that’s the way it just is. I have no idea what the specific problems with SOS are. But I hope they get squared away sometime soon.  
    • MysticMadness
      Yep, MSS = multispore syringe. If you're just starting and don't have a print or spores then you can't do agar. Not unless you want to culture whatever you have floating around your home anyways, lol. Agar is more difficult though, yes. Sterile technique needs to be on point as you're working with petri dishes rather than a jar with an injection port etc.  You need spores either way. Just order you some MSS and do that the first round. Then experiment as you wish. Besides, it's better to do agar from a tissue sample taken from a fruit than from MSS. MSS there are just too many different strains and genetics to try and isolate. If you have a nice fruit, you still have quite a bit going on in there, but it's a bit easier to work with from my understanding. Agar is generally considered more advanced work. Even though it is possible to isolate from MSS > agar, I would highly highly suggest getting some fruits under your belt first.