• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

magicman

Hey guys, I found this tek over at the Florida Mycology Research Center (FMRC) a while back and have finally perfected it. It can be found on the FMRC website here. The tek I read about used a water extraction tek, pretty much making tea and then evaping down, but in this tek I will be using the Crystals of the Gods tek, using ethanol (Everclear) intead of water.

***This is not my tek. The Crystals of the Gods tek was originally from PF's website, so all credit goes to him (RIP).

You will need to perform the Crys of the Gods tek. I did this by grinding up 30g of dried cubensis, putting the powder in a glass qt jar, and covered with Everclear (or the highest proof alcohol you an find) about 3-4 inches above the powder level.

NOTE: I wear a dust mask when grinding the powder. Try not to breathe any of it in.

Once you have the Everclear in the jar, fill a pot with tap water and line the bottom with a few metal jar rings. This will keep your jar off the bottom of the pot so it doesn't burn. Put the jar on top of the rings in your pot of water and turn it on high. The purpose of putting the jar in the water while it is at room temp is so that the jar doesn't break from the rapid change in temp (happened b4)

Now you want to bring your tap water to around 180-190*, which will keep the Everclear boiling but not exceed 170*. I like to keep the Everclear at 160-165*, so you will need a thermometer. I use a meat therm, but a candy therm will work well too, if not better.

Once you get your Everclear boiling, start your timer. I usually do it for a full 4 hours, but 2 hrs works fine also, stirring the powder every half hour. When you stir, check the water and Everclear levels. I usually have to add water to my pot once an hour, depending on how big it is, and add Everclear if it starts getting close to the powder level.

I keep a lid on the top of the jar, without the ring, just loosely sitting over the top. This helps a lot with the Everclear evaporating, so you don't use as much. Once the 4 hours are up, I pour through a small hand-help strainer to get the bulk of the powder, and then put it through a coffee filter right away. You wanna do this while the Everclear is still hot, so it drains through the coffee filter more easily. Then I put it in a 1/2 pint mason jar and put it in the freezer overnight.

Now, you can evap down by putting your strained Everclear back in the hot water bath to decrease the amount of liquid you have, or do it when you are ready. You can also just leave the lid off the jar sitting in front of a fan, whichever you want.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the hot water bath or Crys of the Gods part. Here is what your Everclear should look like after you are done. This pic was taken the morning after the jar was put in the freezer

post-12-0-36929500-1326485467_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-37524900-1326485468_thumb.jpg

Now you can put you strained Everclear back in the hot water bath to evaporate down, or you can just put it in front of a fan until you have the desired amount. I used 30g of dried mushrooms, so I evapped down to 30ml, so that 1ml is equal to 1g.

I used this thing to measure

post-12-0-69303900-1326485426_thumb.jpg

Then I cut out little circles of paper towel that fit perfectly in the bottom of my plastic bathroom cups. The paper towels I used were thick, so I separated them to double my amount, and make the paper hits thinner.

post-12-0-28266100-1326485428_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-51893000-1326485427_thumb.jpg

Now drop 1 of your paper circles into each cup, and using a clean syringe, measure out 1cc per cup. Once you have saturated all of your hits with your mushroom tincture, put a fan on them until they are dry, then put them into a sealed bag and inside a tupperware. I try to keep as much light and oxygen away from them, and try to bag them up as soon as they are dry. Everclear evaps real quick.

post-12-0-91907900-1326485425_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-00650500-1326485425_thumb.jpg

That's it, now you have 30 hits of mushrooms, each one equivalent to 1g. To figure out how much to dose, just take your final mg of Everclear and divide by the number of dried grams used. So, if you have 57ml of tincture and used 28g of powder, then 57/28= 2.04, so 1g of mushrooms would be about 2ml of solution.

Final product:

post-12-0-89360300-1326485428_thumb.jpg

That's it, be safe and have fun!

NOTE: I have observed that when made into paper hits, it looses about 1/2 the potency, so you have to double your dose. Another good thing to do is just mix your crystals and everclear (after being evaped down almost all the way) with vodka or another 80 proof or higher alcohol. I like to make a shot equal to about 2 grams of dries mush. No stomach discomfort and a nice clean ride.

Dozzer

Thats good MM, ive wanted to give this a go, but never found anyone who succeded in anything other than a pile of wasted Mush.Just one ?...You say the highest ISO you can get, well I cant get everclear, but i can get 99%ISO, & Butane, both of which I use for oils...I assume the butane is an OUT of the ? substance, but will the 99% ISO work as the everclear, I am assuming the answer to be YES, but Ive assumed before and was very wrong...Any Insight My Friend ?Peace From The East**D**

BEYOND2

nice write up MM ill have to give this a try sometime

ViciouS

Ok first thing about COG, psilocybin is only minutely soluble in ethanol,most of what is extracted is psilocin.However psilocybin is extremelysoluble in water (meaning it is polar). Other compounds in the mushroom arealso polar, mainly sugars and proteins and some of the compounds are nonpolar fats and oilsNow we all know psilocybin is turned into psilocin in our stomachs by thedigestive acids. Theoretically by acidifying the ethanol psilocybinshould be converted to psilocin, thus allowing it to be extracted.The problem with psilocin is it degrades really fast when exposed tooxygen, light, or moisture. To preserve psilocin it must be keptsubmerged in an acidic solution.Here's an exert from United States Patent Office 3,183,172:"Obtaining psilocybin and psilocin from Stropharia cubensis (~before S.cubensis became P.cubensis~)_ Earle obtained byartificial cultivationThe fruit bodies of Stropharia cubensis Earle collected in Mexico arecarefully dried at room temperature in a shady place in the air. 24.2 partsby weight of dried fruit bodies are thoroughly ground and extracted oncewith 300 parts by volume and then three times with 150 parts by volume ofmethanol, each time at room temperature for 30 minutes. The extracts arecombined and evaporated to dryness under reduced pressure. The residue (6parts by weight) is defatted by rubbing well four times with 125 parts byvolume of petroleum ether and three more so times with 50 parts by volume ofchloroform each time, the chloroform containing 10% of ethanol. Theundissolved residue (59 parts by weight) is dissolved in 5 parts by volumeof water. From this solution other products are precipitated by slowlyadding 50 parts by volume of absolute ethanol so that the active substanceaccumulates in the solution. The purification is repeated two or three timesin the same manner. The decanted solutions are combined and evaporated todryness in vacuo. The residue is taken up in methanol and treated with 10parts by weight of cellulose powder containing 5% of water. The methanol isevaporated off under reduced pressure and the cellulose powder bearing theactive substance is poured onto a column of 50 parts by weight of cellulosepowder containing 5% of water, the column having previously been washed withwater-saturated butanol. After extraction with water-saturated butanol,fractions of 10 parts by volume are collected. The individual fractions areevaporated in a high vacuum at a maximum bath temperature of 50 centigradeand are tested for their content of active material by means of glacialacetic acid containing ferric chloride and concentrated sulphuric acid. Forthis purpose, 2 millilitres of Keller reagent are added to samples of 0.25milligram of the residue. The active fractions are characterized by a violet(psilocybin) or a clear blue (psilocin) Keller reaction. The fractionsshowing a positive colour reaction of the same shade are combined. Theamorphous powder of the above evaporation residues is dissolved in 2 partsby volume of water and extracted with 0.25 parts by weight of silvercarbonate. After filtering, the excess of silver ions is removed withhydrogen sulphide. Upon carefully concentrating the solution, the psilocybincrystallizes as thin colourless needles."

ViciouS

Here's an exert from United States Patent Office 3,183,172:

is that your work i'm looking at or some one elses?

Flawedprophecy

Awesome MM!I have never seen pictures to go along with this, I can't believe I just clicked thislol.

AL2O3

Well Flawed you bumped the post so I am posting now.

I made crystal of god the other day.. this is how it went down!!

Had 10 grams of cracker dry Mushrooms, ground them down to a powder. Placed the powder in a jar with 150ml 95% alcohol and place it on a stove the temperature not exceeding 160 deg F. and was allowed to sit for 2 hours, shaking every so often. the jar was shaken at random for 24 hours. It was then heated to just warm and sent through a coffee filter the mash was squeezed out and then placed in another jar with 150 ml of water and the same process was continued for another 24 hour. filtered and squeezed I place the mash this time 50% alcohol and went thru the same process. Here are some pictures of the liquids I got. starting from left to right.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I then dumped out the 95% and had crystals left in the jar. I scraped the powder out and it weighed 0.8 grams, do not know how good it is. and have not done it ti jars 2 or 3 yet.. Jar 2 has a lot of stuff in it and 3 has next to nothing.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Flawedprophecy

Very nice, Al.

Dozzer

Well done indeed, nice work !!Peace**D**

AL2O3

now that is was bumped I will add my findings on jars B( water) and C (50% alcohol, well vodka)

jar B was poured into a pie pan and let evaporate it was a nasty sticky mess. could not get a weight for that reason, so I just dissolved the goo in 50 ml of vodka.

Posted Image this is what it looked like after dissolved

Posted Image

the Jar three had no sediment in it, I retained it with the Alcohol for jar A and will preform vacuum distillation on it and see what I have to post later

Flawedprophecy

I would def be interested to here a trip report from it. ;)

Dozzer

I would def be interested to here a trip report from it. :D

Yup...I would also like to here a report, My stomach has been having issues latley with bodies and teasPeace**D**

AL2O3

well I can report that the crystals from jar one soaked in Alcohol did next to nothing.. just a little body high as the most. I have some thinking as to why it did not work and what I can do. the I gave the water reduction to a friend and will report his experience . I believe that the water is keep for extraction. I will post the next experiment As so as I get it done.

• Like 1

Dozzer

Thyank you for a report...even if its not a full one, i still apreciate it, and look forward to hearing the report from your friendThanxPeace**D**

Guest DocShroo

i would think it was degrading from the moment it was dried out, and i have heard freebase is not what you want to eat, a salt works better. is why i use citric acid to pull the alc from the fruit body.

AL2O3

the report from the water reduction was.. it was a good trip the best they ever had.

Hillbilly

i would think it was degrading from the moment it was dried out, and i have heard freebase is not what you want to eat, a salt works better. is why i use citric acid to pull the alc from the fruit body.

Thats an interesting idea, how do you extract product without excess citric acid?

Neowulf

looks great for a group camping trip or something

magicman

good stuff AL, thx for posting. Water extractions have always been more potents, but have always fucked with my stomach, thats why I like COTG with cubes. Tea is way better if it doesnt make you sick though

Guest DocShroo

Thats an interesting idea, how do you extract product without excess citric acid?

all that needs to be added is 500mg to the tea an it will lower the ph so to release the alkaloid, a half of a 1000mg vit C i add about an oz dry to make tea and it works well for me

Those Who Were

Hey Al. i made a water extraction with a 7grams, a couple cups of distilled water, and 140* water. stirred then strained after about an hour. left with a blue water. i put it in a double boiler and a fan on it. once all the water evapped, i scrapped like 3gs of blue goo. two of my friends tried what equals to 2gs each and didnt feel anything. i had 1 g, plus "1g" of tinture, and "1g" of cotg using 50/50 and vinegar and i was tripping a bit. but not great. any idea why my friends didnt feel anything. did i make a mistake?

AL2O3

not sure, it could be that you need to use the Alc to break the cell wall down before the extraction with water.

Those Who Were

What about water being the simplest extraction? i thought i could make tea and evap the water. idk. ppl were saying they were tripping hard off just the water extraction goo.

AL2O3

yeah, you can just make tea and evaporate. the goo works, but hard to get like a crystal IME with out the everclear or solvent