• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mush Zombie

How To Grow Shrooms In Bulk - Monotubs

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

badass i will be doin this on my next grow im thnkn ALACABENZI

all of the images are alacabenzi, except for the PE. ;)
  • Like 1

BEYOND2    484
BEYOND2

o ok ill go with the 60qt sterilite sounds easier

• Like 1

Dozzer    118
Dozzer

Well put together, the details are so in depth, and I learned something new

Peace

**D**

• Like 1

Those Who Were    1,080
Those Who Were

great tek.. :D Yeah the 56qt lids suck, I am going through that issue right now having to use weather stripping, I have 3 56qt tubs, I am gonna use 60qt once they are wore out..:)

• Like 1

Fast    162
Fast

I have been using 116 quart containers they are long and low profile. Having 4 of these they are just to damn big, I will probably be switching to these in the near future. In the mean time I will be using them a few more times before then.**update** Walmart.com has them on clearence 6 of them for $30 so i ordered site to store to get the free shipping.

• Like 2

Str0be    508
Str0be

I have been using this method before this tek was on here, and it is a very good tek. I pulled almost 8oz on first flush being a noob. Now that I have a bit more experience, we will see what can be done :)

• Like 2

Motown    5
Motown
So, where's the one for the Uncased tubs? or did I miss something?

Str0be    508
Str0be

Don't quote me on this, but for uncased, I would think you would lower the wrap-around 1/4" holes at the bottom by about 1/2" - 3/4". Basically just taking away the extra space that you left for the casing layer.

But I wouldn't recommend not casing with this kind of tek. The way this tek works is with the lower temperatures / humidity and evaporation from the casing layer.

• Like 1

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

You have to use totally different hole set up for uncased subs.I know how Mycopathic grows, bc we use nearly identical techniques. Uncased subs do not perform as well as cased subs, and I doubt he actually uses them, so thats probably why myco hasnt posted it or fixed it, bc he wouldnt use that tek anyway.

• Like 2

Neowulf    133
Neowulf

There are several designs for monotubs. I will post two designs, one designed for cased subs, and one designed for uncased subs.

Did ya forget to put the uncased one up?

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

You have to use totally different hole set up for uncased subs.

I know how Mycopathic grows, bc we use nearly identical techniques. Uncased subs do not perform as well as cased subs, and I doubt he actually uses them, so thats probably why myco hasnt posted it or fixed it, bc he wouldnt use that tek anyway.

Did ya forget to put the uncased one up?

I answered this question for myco who is very busy. No one should use an uncased monotub that wants results like the ones that are pictured. I have also removed the reference to uncased monotubs, as they are really dangerous to attempt, and the design was never posted.
  • Like 2

Neowulf    133
Neowulf

alright was just wondering.

• Like 1

Seekknowledge    633
Seekknowledge

This is very easy to follow for someone like myself who has not done monotubs and is tired of misting and fanning. Everytime I thane a free minute I have to spend it missing and fanning lol. I will be following this tec in my grow log once my lc is ready. Thanx man

• Like 2

SlimJim    25
SlimJim

There isn't a better method of growing than tubs in terms of amount of time/work input to yield output. Awesome write up!

It almost made me mist the days of misting and fanning! :P

• Like 1

moon_walker    126
moon_walker

i am excited for this tek, i will be tryin it out on my next grow log. Every grow ive seen in a mono has been so fuckin awesome! mycopathic you are the man for putin this tek up and mush zombie your also the man cuz you shared this on ST where i first seen it. cant wait you guys are the shit! :dj:

• Like 1

Dozzer    118
Dozzer

i am excited for this tek, i will be tryin it out on my next grow log. Every grow ive seen in a mono has been so fuckin awesome! mycopathic you are the man for putin this tek up and mush zombie your also the man cuz you shared this on ST where i first seen it. cant wait you guys are the shit! :dj:

Easy as taking your first breath, follow TEK to a 'T', even small tubs do well, Ive yielded just over 1/4lb with this exact method and specs, but Im sure you seen it at ST Peace **D**
  • Like 1

moon_walker    126
moon_walker

Easy as taking your first breath, follow TEK to a 'T', even small tubs do well, Ive yielded just over 1/4lb with this exact method and specs, but Im sure you seen it at ST

Peace

**D**

Sure have, there is a couple o you guys that i followed and shit. a couple o you guys always had hella good flushes and i don kno how exactly. ive never had a my sub colonize as fast as said should, and ive tried it on the dryer side and more moiste side. my lil dubtubs took about 15 or 16 days to colonize so im just afraid when i put everything in the plastic bag i wont be able to see it to gauge the colonization completion. :yeayea:

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

are you using cakes instead of grain spawn? are you using a glove box to noc your spawn (a real glove box)? are the tubs sealed correctly for proper c02 build up? Is the ambeint air temperature for colonization as prescribed?

• Like 1

moon_walker    126
moon_walker

are you using cakes instead of grain spawn?

are you using a glove box to noc your spawn (a real glove box)?

are the tubs sealed correctly for proper c02 build up?

Is the ambeint air temperature for colonization as prescribed?

Nah i use WBS cuz i love the bulk process, i made a glove box using a 60 qt and have two holes on one side. it has been perfect so far for me :D when i mix the casing and sub i have the holes on the circumfrence of the tub with some micropore and polypore to allow for G.E. and i put like 6 or 7 holes in the foil covered by micropore for the top. I use a tit setup with a steady 80* to 82*. the only difference that i do that i feel could be making mine slower is 1.the fact that my verm isnt as coarse as some teks are, mines on the mid to finer side so it might make a lil more of a denser casing and more surface area for the myc to travel, and 2. i havent used coir at all. and that probly helps the mix breathe better so the myc could travel faster and easier. if i had those two things i feel like my tubs might be faster to colonize and probly fruit also. i cant find super coarse verm though and i cant seem to find coco coir either. i looked all over my pet store. is coco coir that shit you could get at a hydro shop? :mellow:

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

idk if you can get it at a hydro store or not. They do sell it at pet smart. just dont get the mulch crap. The verm is a real issue. Fine verm just wont cut it in the bulk world when you are messing with poo. You do not need any verm for coir ;)

• Like 1

moon_walker    126
moon_walker

where you get your verm?

Mush Zombie    23,707
Mush Zombie

i get mine from a local feed and seed store. its 20 bucks for 4sq ft of super coarse verm