How To Grow Shrooms In Bulk - Monotubs

moon_walker

oooo i wil check my feed store, is it callded verm on the bag? i know might be stupid question but better to feel stupid now than later when im at the store

it says -Course Vermiculite-on the bag, at the feed stores or major gardening centers it come in 3 types here, Course , fine, and a medium fine...Ive used all 3 and by far you deff want the course, and if you cant find it there, check walmart in the gardening section, 5QRT bags here are about 2.98...not great compaired to a 40LB bag for $21 but it will cut it in a pinch

NOTE- When doing bulk, our(Mine & Everyone)'s colonize fast Because we all use the same Process, Perfect Field Capacity + 1 to 2(3) Ratio + Black trash bag <<< dont cut it down till after the initial 10 days, fold it lightly over your sub to keep the C02 at the surface of the sub, it will

colonize much faster than using foil IMO & other's will agree as well, and once colonized seal it back up and watch for the magic :toke:

Always leave it be for the 10 days minimum, no need to watch, if its tammed then you have the trash bag to help ya out in removal...but chances are it will be nice and white when you take the look at 10 days

Peace

**D**

• Like 2
moon_walker
WOOHOO! I found coir! finally, big blocks of it for 13 bones! lets get this poppin! maybe next month a massive grow log comin? hey MZ you get my message? :hippie:
Mush Zombie

If I already have all of my spawn jars do I still have to do the "Monotub Sub Prep:"?

Thanks.

if you want to spawn those spawn jars to a bulk substrate, yes.

If you do not make your substrate, then it will not really be a true monotub, and you will not have results like the ones that are pictured.

moon_walker
hey quick Q, do you wipe down the inside of the trash bag with iso? its not in the tek and might be common sense. just figured they are wrapped up so tight from the box not sure if it is needed. Thanks :D :D

I always do for safe measures...but realistically you can use the inside and there supose to be sterile inside, but IMO I would wipe them with ISO no matter what part is used just to be safe, especially if they have been sitting around Peace **D**

Mush Zombie

hey quick Q, do you wipe down the inside of the trash bag with iso? its not in the tek and might be common sense. just figured they are wrapped up so tight from the box not sure if it is needed. Thanks :D :D

i used to, but have not done that in a very long time
BrutalityIsLaw

All I could find in my area was medium verm, it seems very course still. I wonder if they just mislabeled. Got a huge bag for 30$ I have enough verm for years to come. I'm going to be doing my first monotub very soon! Log will be up.

Mush Zombie

All I could find in my area was medium verm, it seems very course still. I wonder if they just mislabeled. Got a huge bag for 30$ I have enough verm for years to come. I'm going to be doing my first monotub very soon! Log will be up.

hope that works out for you.
BrutalityIsLaw

Thanks MZ, I'm going to do a mono and dubtub log. I may just add a bit more verm if I feel it's not "Fluffy" enough but I used it before with no problems. I swear they mislabelled the bag, they could barely speak a lick of english.

Mush Zombie

Thanks MZ, I'm going to do a mono and dubtub log. I may just add a bit more verm if I feel it's not "Fluffy" enough but I used it before with no problems. I swear they mislabelled the bag, they could barely speak a lick of english.

or maybe coarse to them = marble sized hunks of verm LOL
  • Like 1