How To Grow Magic Mushrooms (Shrooms) In Bulk

• 5 months later...
  • Topics

• Moonphase
      A big gap.  It was a story about ayahuasca and antibiotics that got me wondering about mixing the two being a bad idea.   Thank you for the input.  
    • Samwise
      Intriguing and harrowing case report of someone who injected themselves with mushroom (P. cubensis) tea...spores included. He nearly killed himself doing this, and was on ICU life support for multiple-system organ failure for some time. He had bipolar disorder type I and had been researching ways to treat his opioid dependence and depression, and was intrigued to give psychedelics a try. One very weird take away from this: "...the species of mushroom he had injected was now growing in his blood". Not only did the mushroom spores survive boiling, but they germinated and started growing in his bloodstream according to this. Curious about the wider evolutionary implications of this pertaining to the mushroom...given how tough and resilient mushroom spores appear to be, it calls into question the hypothesis put forward that psilocybin acts as a repellent...perhaps it more likely acts as an attractant. Makes me curious about the association of P. cubensis with bovine dung, perhaps bovines are ingesting spores and helping distribute them...I wouldn't put it past those crafty fungi. https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mp74/man-injects-magic-mushrooms-they-grow-in-his-blood Study: Giancola et al. (2021) A “trip” to the ICU: intravenous injection of psilocybin. Journal of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, In Press. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S266729602030015X
    • Samwise
      Thanks guys. I inoculated the LC via an agar wedge. Although the mycelium in the LC looked a bit lackluster, it does seem to be colonsing jars of rice/dung without issue. Time and heat definitely isn't an issue, the room the LC and grain jars are being stored in is nice and warm, and initial growth was rapid. Thank you for the recipe switch recommendation...I will definitely try this if I have issues.
    • Mushinist
      More buds, and back corner is those pereskiopsis 
    • mushmouth
      What's going on over there on the right?