Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BEYOND2

grain spawn
EASY LIDS

24 posts in this topic

These lids are great for Grain Spawn!! You can noc in open air with little risk of contam!I would not use them for LC though. If LC gets on the tyvek your LC is dead meat, so that means you cant shake it to bust up the myc,Once again Beyond2, hats off to you! Very nice tek. ;) << that one was for you!

1 person likes this

nope not for LC im actually gona make an EASY LC LIDS tek too

whats the point of the tyvek if your just siliconing the center anyway with a solid lid under the tyvek and silicon over both holes essentially? JW maybe I just need a little clarification.

2 people like this

whats the point of the tyvek if your just siliconing the center anyway with a solid lid under the tyvek and silicon over both holes essentially? JW maybe I just need a little clarification.

The silicone is a Self Healing Injector Port (SHIP). It eliminates the need for micropore tape, and just makes things easier for WBS. Dont use this tek for LC.

I get that but, wouldn't you disregard the metal lid in place of the tyvek? or does it allow a small enough gap between the lid and tyvek to allow air exchange ?

I get that but, wouldn't you disregard the metal lid in place of the tyvek? or does it allow a small enough gap between the lid and tyvek to allow air exchange ?

There is a hole in the lid. You do not want very much gas exchange, or evaporation. Without the lid your jars would fail.

I got it! the laws of physics would tell me the paper thin gap between the tyvek and lid is enough to allow gas exchange .

damn MZ you're on it! thanks my man!

MZ would you suggest two cut outs of tyvek or is one enough? I believe I have read that you should use two slips of tyvek.

MZ would you suggest two cut outs of tyvek or is one enough? I believe I have read that you should use two slips of tyvek.

one is fine, there is no real reason for two other than belief.

awesome lids Beyond keep it up bud !! :)!!yeah my LC lids just have a hole with a SHIP and a tiny hole with micro-pore tape for long term storage

ive always used these easy and effective!!!

one is fine, there is no real reason for two other than belief.

as always thanks MZ!

thanks B2 other than my OCD to need to know reasoning behind all things. This is very easy and thanks for giving me my lids from here on out! hat off to ya!

:)

Can I use these as PF Tek style jars? Only thing is the holes for PF Tek are suppose to be closer to the wall of the jar?

to be honest i really dont know, if i were to guess id say ya because they still allow gas exchange but ive never done the PF tek so maybe someone else could help em out

Can I use these as PF Tek style jars? Only thing is the holes for PF Tek are suppose to be closer to the wall of the jar?

You can. If you use this style, you do not need the dry layer of verm, and can fill the jar up with sub.

i finally got around to making me some SHIP lids good stuff should improve LC success

i finally got around to making me some SHIP lids good stuff should improve LC success

for sure neowulf there the best i wouldnt go without em :D

This is the lid i use for grain spawn. but with a variation. I find that is you place the clean tyvek on the lid, with the band. I then press on the tyvek where the hole is at in the lid, it leaves a imprint of the hole and I know exactly where I can place the RVT. This tek. can be done with grain already in the jars and you do not have to wait for the RVT to dry before you PC , it will come out of the PC solid.

1 person likes this

you do not have to wait for the RVT to dry before you PC , it will come out of the PC solid.

This is true. RTV works the same way in a car engine. If you apply some to a head or something, and put the head back on, you can start the car right up, without having to wait for full cure in 24 hours. makes sense.

awesome man. thanks