Cordyceps Increases Testosterone in Mice

shroomolas

Wow that's pretty badass. Time to pasteurized some caterpillars and start growing em'!

shroomolas

. When a Cordyceps fungus attacks a host, the mycelium invades and eventually replaces the host tissue. That's freakin awesome!

Mush Zombie

it can be grown on rice and a whole bunch of other stuff, other than bugs.

Hillbilly

last one i found, i dug out the whole thing so i could see what the host was. It was caterpillar that had dug a hole in pretty hard ground. It had dug down to a depth of about a foot! That must have been really hard work digging a hole that deep with a caterpillar body, they aint built for digging!

These mushrooms are awesome cool!

here is a pic of one of the ones i found. Pretty sure its a cordyceps gunni but not 100%

Posted Image

Edited by hillbilly
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
moon_walker

is there a way to get some culture or anything to grow? can they be grown in captivity? haha. i read about these crazy mushs and want to find a way to get some fresh instead of capsuled from a factory.

• 2 weeks later...
Mush Zombie

is there a way to get some culture or anything to grow? can they be grown in captivity? haha. i read about these crazy mushs and want to find a way to get some fresh instead of capsuled from a factory.

not many people in the world know how to fruit cordyceps. I think I do, and I will try when it gets cold out. I will have some time then to splooge off in outer mushroom space
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hillbilly

a few of the guys local to me have tried to fruit these. I cant remember where but it is possible to buy sterile lab grown meal worms. Thats what they had been experimenting with for a host

Mush Zombie

you dont need to use meal worms. You can use quite a few things, but you will need specialized chemicals. Namely MGS04 and monopotassium phosphate, BRF, hippy piss type nutrient liquid media, and a PH meter.

Mush Zombie

2.1 Materials

2.1.1 Materials: three kinds of Cordyceps Militaris, Sichuan, Sichuan, Sichuan.

2.1.2 medium

2.1.2.1 parent species slant medium

20% potato extract was added to 1% glucose, 1% peptone, 2% agar, 0.5% KH2PO4, 0.3% MgSO4, VB1 A trace (10mg/1000ml), pH adjusted to 5.8 121 ° C autoclaved 0.5 hours.

2.1.2.2 liquid primary kinds of media:

20% potato extract was added 1% glucose, 1% peptone, 0.5% KH2PO4, 0.3% MgSO4, VB1 Trace (10mg/1000 ml), pH was adjusted to 5.8,121 ° C for 0.5 hours of autoclaving.

2.1.2.3 artificial cultivation of solid medium:

121 ° C autoclaved for 0.5 hours. 20% potato extract: the potatoes cut into 0.5cm thick slices per 200g cooked with 1000 ml of flooding, boil for 30-35 minutes, digester liquid with 2 layers of cheesecloth filter after the merger. Yeast extract: yeast powder with boiling water dip and cook for 3 times, 20 minutes each, usually every time does not exceed 20% of the total water consumption does not exceed 60% of the total volume of water, three times the total amount of leaching water.

Nutrient solution A: 20% potato extract, 2% glucose, 1.5% peptone, 0.5% yeast extract, 0.5% glycerol, and 25% pupa powder, 0.15% KH2PO4, 0.05% MgSO4 VB1 of A trace (10mg/1000ml) is PH adjusted to 5.8.

A nutrient solution B: 20% potato extract, 2% glucose, 2% peptone, 0.5% yeast extract, 0.5% glycerol, 0.15% KH2PO4, 0.05% MgSO4, VB1 A trace (10mg/1000ml), the PH was adjusted to 5.8.

Mush Zombie

most people just grow the myc and put it in capsules, sub and all. Its nothing compared to a fruit though.