• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Dozzer

NO Scrape Spore Printing/Cradle Printing

Dozzer

NO Scrape Spore Printing/Cradle Printing TEK

I take no credit for this as I seen it online somewhere long ago, I just utilize it and share with you

Well PF said this way of printing is superior to all others, because it does not allow the flesh of the mushroom to contact the spores, or sit on them allowing moisture to build there for bacteria to populate it.

Here is a way to spore print directly to your distilled H20 without having to use foil, baggies etc...this is simple and easy to do

things you will need : post-27-0-08622300-1336240891_thumb.jpg
  • [*]pliers [*]wire [*]jar [*]distilled H20 [*]Syringe [*]PCer...
NOTE : You can boil if you don't have a PCer, but you will be using bottled D-H20, unless you Microwave the water in the jar and boil the wire skeleton

Take your 2 pieces wire(Roughly 10 inches...depending on the size of the jar mouth) and put them side by side...Take a pair of pliers and twist them together like a twist tie a few times...about a half inch worth...post-27-0-55515000-1336241033_thumb.jpgspread the ends out so there about even from one another....place into the jar your going to be using all the way to the bottom works best to get the right angles(nice short wide mouth is what I prefer)...

Hold the wire down with your fingers in the center of the jar & apply pressure to the wire until you reach the sides of the jar, forming a wire skeleton of the inside of the jar, if your wire legs seem a bit short at this point no worries, you will be lifting it 3/4 of the way out of the jar anyways.

Lift the skeleton out of the jar about 3/4's of the way, get a good grip on the wire and start folding the wire over the rim of the jar to create hooking legs

then 1 by 1 take and hold the hooking legs and manipulate them so your center twist is centered within the jar.

Now take your new cradle, Jar, syringe, and any other utensils your going to be using and PC for 30min to 45min(You can put your distilled H20 in at this time also, just place cradle in jar and your #ml/cc of distilled H20 for the amount of syringes you'll be making and tinfoil the top, and its all together and ready when it comes out)

once everything is cooled to room temp, your ready to go...take any cap ready for printing and place it in the center of the cradle, cover with a piece of cardboard, paper towel, tinfoil ETC(Anything that is clean) and place in your GB or whatever you use to accomplish nice clean prints traditionally

wait 12hrs to 48hrs and the spores will be swimming there waiting for you...I didn't have any pics of my printing, but I will update this with a pic of them swimming in there D-H20...this process can be done for any size cap...if your doing Burma, Mazatapec Mexican Cubensis, or any other small fruiting mush and the caps are small, all you have to do is scale down the cradle to fit a shot glass or if you find a larger cap that wont fit then up size the cradle...easy as that

Hope its useful to at least one person aside from myself...This is for people wanting to go directly to syringe without having to use a Nocc loop or just wants to avoid scraping all together.

NOTE : Let your syringes sit for 12 to 24hrs prior to using as to Hydrate them again, Shake the shit out of your syringes before using to separate and clumped spores

ALL COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS WELCOME !!!

Below you will find some pics of my shot glass as well as my wide mouth jar, I couldn't find the Measuring tape so I used a 10ml/cc syringe for the comparisons, as we all know & have many of these old and new

Thanx for Peepin in and checking out the cradle printing TEK

Peace
**D**

post-27-0-07640400-1336241090_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-18624600-1336241096_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-36232500-1336241102_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-32544200-1336241110_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-71293900-1336241116_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-36003900-1336241124_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-50218700-1336241131_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-71113200-1336241137_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

BEYOND2

thats pretty badass dozzer thanks for sharing

Flawedprophecy

Nice tek man. :) Do the spores perform better since they are fresh going straight to H2O?

Dozzer

Nice tek man. :) Do the spores perform better since they are fresh going straight to H2O?

Not 100% sure on that...Ive only used it a hand full of times, but I always let my syringes sit for 12 to 24 hrs regardless...But they are fresh so I assume it would only be a difference of a day maybe 2 for germination, if there are any differences at all. I like it because I can whip up 10 syringes and they are all nice and dark...and very little room for taming, due to speedy and the use of a GB...plus it keeps the cap off of foil, so any tams residing on the caps upper side stay there...not to mention the cap stays moist so no need for a drop of H20 on smaller caps. I let a larger B+ go for 2 days(Not sure the hrs) and I only used 20ml/cc of H20, it was like a sludge of spores, so I decided from there on I would make a minimum of 5 syringes and a max of 10, max of 10 because I noticed when I made 15 syringes, the first 6 or so were dark dark, but they progressively got lighter as filled...and a Minimum of 5 because it makes for a good dark MS solution, thus less cc per jar, thus less H20 added to our perfect PCed sub jars, this is my theory anyways...so far its worked out...ill be adding some more pics soon, if all goes well Peace **D**
  • Like 1

shroomolas

Wow excellent idea dozzer! I been having problems with light prints. Definitely going to try this one out ;)

AL2O3

vary nice tek man I love it, glad you shared it

Dozzer

Wow excellent idea dozzer! I been having problems with light prints. Definitely going to try this one out ;)

This will assist in keeping the cap moist for smaller caps and out of the Hand full of times Of used it for smaller caps, only 1 cap didnt drop any spores...be sure to allow for some air when you cover it.

vary nice tek man I love it, glad you shared it

Ill share anything I find to work, and this lil gadget works well if you want to make syringes immediately and Nocc rite after with fresh spores...as I said to flawed, I don't know for sure if the fresh spores are better than dehydrated ones...Ive never noticed any difference, but I was not looking either

Thanx for your kind words guys...if it can be improved on, please feel free to improve and post here

Peace

**D**

Mush Zombie

Nice dozzer! Thanks! PF used to make his prints this way.

Dozzer

Nice dozzer! Thanks! PF used to make his prints this way.

I wasn't sure where I got the Idea, but it was way back when I was starting out, so PF makes Sense...I was thinking RR, but ive gone through all the material Ive got from him and couldn't find it Peace **D**

Mush Zombie

Well PF said this way of printing is superior to all others, because it does not allow the flesh of the mushroom to contact the spores, or sit on them allowing moisture to build there for bacteria to populate it.

• Like 1

Dozzer

YES...that is exactly what I remember, and freshness of the spores, I didnt have the cradle ready for this printing session, but the next time Ill have it ready and take pics of a GWM cap being printed in this fashion...If you dont Mind Im going to edit the TEK and add your Quote to it for further information and explanation Peace **D**
  • Like 1

Mush Zombie

I dont mind, but I dont know if it is true or not, because I dont have a microscope to test it out... YET :D But I am sure there was a reason why PF was a self made millionaire from spore and substrate sales ;)

• Like 1

Dozzer

I dont mind, but I dont know if it is true or not, because I dont have a microscope to test it out... YET :D But I am sure there was a reason why PF was a self made millionaire from spore and substrate sales ;)

I believe you are correct, as soon as I read it, I remembered the Info like it was yesterday, the flesh, bacteria really hits home, I do remember there was something about freshness of the spores too...Im still searching the web for the cradle and the info pertaining to it, but Im not sure if its actually called "Cradle Printing" I think I may have just used the term for descriptive purposes Peace **D**
  • Like 1

Mush Zombie

what i meant by "if its true or not," is if this method of printing is superior to others. Hippie3 over at Mycotopia (who passed away recently) preferred to print by cutting the stipe about half an inch from the cap, cutting it four ways, and putting a thumb tak in it, with the flat side down, so that the mushroom cap would stand up and drop spores onto foil. seems like too much work to me.

• Like 1

Dozzer

I wouldn't say its superior to other printing methods either...all printing Teks are good...really all we want is a print that's dark...this way gives you the dark print already in the H20 ready to suck it up, and you can predetermine the amount of syringes before hand(a good Mycologist can do this any way)...I have found a few people that just pour there H20 into a glass and scrape the print into it and then have tam issues(Some/not all)...this way gives a less chance of tams by cutting out one factor...the scraping...but as far as superior goes...its superior in the sense that the spores are fresh and ready to use immediately, and maybe more reasons too, but it does work + its real easy to make Peace **D**

• Like 1

Neowulf

awesome tek really like this.....might use it to make spore vials or something similar for long term storage...