• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mush Zombie

Fbi's Official Study Of The Stages Of Psilocybin Production In Psychoactive Mushrooms

Those Who Were

I also see what it says the results of light exposure were. "Light affected the color and size of both the fruiting bodies and the mature mushroom." Then they go on say that they are not photosynthetic. Interesting. 

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

I also see what it says the results of light exposure were. "Light affected the color and size of both the fruiting bodies and the mature mushroom." Then they go on say that they are not photosynthetic. Interesting. 

they are not. they are photosensitive. It means they do not use light for energy. They use light to know which way to grow. where theres light, theres going to be air and wind for the spores to spread. If they were not they could grow into the ground and not release their spores properly.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

they are not. they are photosensitive. It means they do not use light for energy. They use light to know which way to grow. where theres light, theres going to be air and wind for the spores to spread. If they were not they could grow into the ground and not release their spores properly.

Do you think they claim that light causes bigger mushrooms simply because they are standing straight up?

Mush Zombie

Do you think they claim that light causes bigger mushrooms simply because they are standing straight up?

It's not necessarily that they are bigger because they are standing straight up. Light promotes the proper fruit body development. I have grown in a dark closet before and mushrooms still formed but they looked weird, were small, and there were only a few.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

It's not necessarily that they are bigger because they are standing straight up. Light promotes the proper fruit body development. I have grown in a dark closet before and mushrooms still formed but they looked weird, were small, and there were only a few.

I see. They didn't say bigger. They just say that it affected the size. Most likely due to the lack of light not more intense or increased light exposure.

blackdogwoody

I wonder if they had a party after all that research?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

I wonder if they had a party after all that research?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

probably so bunch of crooks ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

shroomolas

So if I get caught with hundreds of jars or bags of spawn and some tubs, all colonizing and not yet forming primordia, I cant be prosecuted? Badass.

Thanks, Heisenberg. 

Mush Zombie

So if I get caught with hundreds of jars or bags of spawn and some tubs, all colonizing and not yet forming primordia, I cant be prosecuted? Badass.

Thanks, Heisenberg. 

i cant give legal advice, but intent is illegal. keep your mouth shut, ya know?

• Like 2

shroomolas

Intent is illegal? Man, now even the intangible is illegal. It's BS I tell you.

Those Who Were

First of all, tests done on Psilocybe cyanescens should not be looked upon as the same as Psilocybe cubensis.  They are not!  Did anyone here think it was strange that Ps. cyanescens were bought from PF.  Did he ever sell this?  I don't remember him selling this.  In any case, these are two very different mushrooms.  It has been shown in the pass that Ps. cyanescens does not produce Psilocybin in liquid culture or in other normal instances where Ps. cubensis does.  This is not true for Ps. cubensis.  Any time the mycelium will blue after it is pinched, clearly shows that it is producing Psilocybin.  This is a trait of Ps. cubensis.  I would say that if Ps. cubensis mycelium, in any stage, was tested for Psilocybin, the results would come back "positive".  slp/fmrc

Mush Zombie

First of all, tests done on Psilocybe cyanescens should not be looked upon as the same as Psilocybe cubensis.  They are not!  Did anyone here think it was strange that Ps. cyanescens were bought from PF.  Did he ever sell this?  I don't remember him selling this.  In any case, these are two very different mushrooms.  It has been shown in the pass that Ps. cyanescens does not produce Psilocybin in liquid culture or in other normal instances where Ps. cubensis does.  This is not true for Ps. cubensis.  Any time the mycelium will blue after it is pinched, clearly shows that it is producing Psilocybin.  This is a trait of Ps. cubensis.  I would say that if Ps. cubensis mycelium, in any stage, was tested for Psilocybin, the results would come back "positive".  slp/fmrc

the tests were done to psilocybe cubensis. if you read the article you will see where they said they bought the spores from high times magazine out of PF's listing, and grew them on pf tek cakes, with the instructions in the grow kit (all cubes good luck growing ps cyan like that). he didnt sell ps. cyans. he only sold cubensis. whoever wrote it was just a moron. even in PF's comments he mentioned this.

i've considered sending a syringe of lc to be tested before but i am pretty sure i would be wasting my money.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

Well, I read the article only to read this again.....quote copy/past from above article:

"that contain psilocybin, psilocyn, or related alkalojds with an indolic nucleus. The genus and species of Psilocybe mushrooms that were grown were identified as Psilocybe cyanescens. The pleurocystidia sizes noted in the keys describing the Psilocybe cyanescens mushroom".

And I agree, growing Ps. cyanescens under Ps. cubensis conditions, and having success, makes the whole thing even more of a mystery. The information a gave about how the two mushrooms differ when tested, is factual. I'll will say again that Ps. cubensis can produce controlled substances in all stages of mycelium growth. Many years ago, me and several other mycologists, who first knew about this, agreed to keep this secret. We did not want the law to know this. Well, years later, the cat was out of the bag. I don't know if I will ever hear the correct story on all this confusion about what mushroom it was that they grew. I suspect real monkey business. Actually, the law has a great advantage over us about being able to tell if the mushroom (or its mycelium) contains controlled substances. They don't even have to identify it. Just send the question item in for testing. All they need is proof of positive for illegal compounds. Anyone including well versed hunters, could find a mushroom new to them, not knowing if it was an illegal mushroom to have, have it in their basket along with all the other collected mushrooms. Get stopped, mushrooms confiscated, sent in for testing. They get a positive hit on the unknown mushrooms. You get charged. They do not have the problem of having to ID the unknown mushroom. slp/fmrc

Mush Zombie

Well, I read the article only to read this again.....quote copy/past from above article:

"that contain psilocybin, psilocyn, or related alkalojds with an indolic nucleus. The genus and species of Psilocybe mushrooms that were grown were identified as Psilocybe cyanescens. The pleurocystidia sizes noted in the keys describing the Psilocybe cyanescens mushroom".

And I agree, growing Ps. cyanescens under Ps. cubensis conditions, and having success, makes the whole thing even more of a mystery. The information a gave about how the two mushrooms differ when tested, is factual. I'll will say again that Ps. cubensis can produce controlled substances in all stages of mycelium growth. Many years ago, me and several other mycologists, who first knew about this, agreed to keep this secret. We did not want the law to know this. Well, years later, the cat was out of the bag. I don't know if I will ever hear the correct story on all this confusion about what mushroom it was that they grew. I suspect real monkey business. Actually, the law has a great advantage over us about being able to tell if the mushroom (or its mycelium) contains controlled substances. They don't even have to identify it. Just send the question item in for testing. All they need is proof of positive for illegal compounds. Anyone including well versed hunters, could find a mushroom new to them, not knowing if it was an illegal mushroom to have, have it in their basket along with all the other collected mushrooms. Get stopped, mushrooms confiscated, sent in for testing. They get a positive hit on the unknown mushrooms. You get charged. They do not have the problem of having to ID the unknown mushroom. slp/fmrc

i dont disagree with you that they all produce actives in some quantities. But in this article they said they could not detect psilocybin or psilocin until the mycelium began producing hyphal knots/primordia, so mushroom yes would undoubtedly hit on what they call "illicit substances," but I do not believe they could test an LC and return positive results, which is what they said in this article. Though technology has advanced some since PF's investigation, I still think the amount of actives in myc that has not been in fruit mode for 5 days is not enough to produce results in a field test or a lab. Plus whoever was doing the tests would have to know how to handle mycelium if it was an LC in the first place without ruining their sample.

I've tried extracting actives from LC. there's really nothing there in there in LC, and you would need gallons of it just to compare to 5 mushrooms. it was a huge waste of 100 proof vodka lol. I should have just drank the alcohol, or saved it for something else.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

HPLC and Mass Spect have been around for a long time. There is no problem with technology. These are ways to get true readings. The primordia tests might hold true for Ps. cyanescens, but not for Ps. cubensis. Knowing how to handle samples is their business. How many times have newbies asked the question if the blue they saw in their mycelium was a contaminant? I stand by my posts. I have run many tests myself with a local lab that used to have a Mass Spect and HPLC. You can believe what you want based on not enough mycelium to get a fly high. You are right.....you would need 5 grams of mycelium to produce the same affect of a 5 gram mushroom. Did you weigh out and eat that much? I don't think so. Well, that's about enough for me. I know what the facts are and I have placed them here. slp/fmrc

Mush Zombie

You are right.....you would need 5 grams of mycelium to produce the same affect of a 5 gram mushroom. Did you weigh out and eat that much? I don't think so. Well, that's about enough for me. I know what the facts are and I have placed them here. slp/fmrc

If youre done here then there is no need for me to answer answer your question. I suppose it was rhetorical. thanks for taking the time to post your knowledge, sorry that someone elses experience with extracting actives (or not extracting) out of mycelium at different stages of growth, and slight disagreement made you mad. that was not my intention, I was merely having what I thought was a conversation based in reason and respect.

I was not saying I am right, or that you were wrong, I was simply stating my opinion based on a few not totally accurate experiences. theres no way to measure objectively the exact numbers of actives from extract of LC mycelium for me, or find out if they could even be measured in detectable quantites, as I do not have access to lab equipment. but i can say it was nil to very minute just from eyeballing. I've never seen LC bruise either. A jar of grain spawn thats been shaken never bruises. a jar of grain spawn thats been colonized for a couple days then shaken never bruises. but I have seen it happen when they sit for a while after colonization (7-14 days). thats something to think about, for me at least.

• Like 2

Furthur

I just got super excited thinking i was going to call an attorney to sue the county for improper imprisonment, then i remembered i had 2 mushrooms when they raided. Fuck. Better luck next time i suppose.

• Butthurt 1

Tump

You were raided. With how many jars. I literal worry about this everyday that ill get raid and be on the news as some evil mushroom kingpin with a few 1000 jars with some dum cops talking about the "mushroom seeds"  in all the jars and bullshit street vaule. Of millions of dallors like they got those guys in new York. Further how many charges how many years in prison.  P.s. I know off topic on a 4 year old thread

Tump

Thank you.  You have on idea how much that relies my stress on this. If i see your informant ill beat him up for you.

Niidaho

I would say they  are not supposed to go on the say so of an informant alone but we know they don't go by the book esp in small towns .Good advice on not incriminating yourself further the best thing to say is I want a lawyer .

Furthur
On 11/20/2017 at 1:04 PM, Tump said:

If i see your informant ill beat him up for you.

Expect to meet resistance.

Mycomeso

So just quick question, legality sits just fine all the way up until the mycelia knots started containing psilocybin?As pertaining to Stateside when does research become illegal?