mushy-madness

post-1362-0-88193300-1376250626_thumb.jppost-1362-0-68084900-1376250797_thumb.jppost-1362-0-68008900-1376250648_thumb.jppost-1362-0-86224700-1376250673_thumb.jppost-1362-0-94053700-1376250685_thumb.jppost-1362-0-43994700-1376250719_thumb.jp

Check it out! Give me some Feedback guys! After another 4 days these will be ready to for the next step. I plan on putting a casing on them after I remove the foil and then spray the tub once and cap it until its time to harvest. Hows this sound?!

Mush Zombie

moved this from the bulk teks forum to member grow logs so members could comment  ;)

• Like 1
Mush Zombie

if you make your casing correctly there is no need to spray it. if its a little dry a slight misting from high above could be good though.

mushy-madness

Right on! But in all its looking good? 

When do you personally put on ur casing? Ive read teks that say to do it when you start to see pins and Iv also read some that say to do it right after you take the foil off

Mush Zombie

anyone who puts a casing on after they see pins have no idea what they are doing, or why mycelium forms hyphal knots. Once you see pins, there is no need for a casing if there is not one already :lol:

I put the casing on, and fruit the tray. Mycelium forms hyphal knots because of evaporation from the surface of the substrate. A casing will allow you to create massive evaporation from the surface of the sub without drying out the sub, and killing the myc.

• Like 1
mushy-madness

2 more days until I take off the foil!! Wish me luck, hope for no contams! Ill post pics as I go.

i hope you used a trashbag for an inside liner, that black tape stuff along the bottom of the tub IME doesnt cut it.  I did that when i first started and was a noob.

mushy-madness

I used wbs and mixed it with peat moss, verm, coir, and spent coffee..

No I didn't use a trash bag this time. I have in the past but this was was easier. I'll take Ur opinion into consideration though thanks.

mushy-madness

i hope you used a trashbag for an inside liner, that black tape stuff along the bottom of the tub IME doesnt cut it.  I did that when i first started and was a noob.

don't look like a noob anymore! Looks like you can fit 6 sausages in Ur mouth now! Good job pirate!
  • Like 1
mushy-madness

This evening I'm going to pull the foil and put my casing on. I pressured cooked it last night. 50/50 coir verm.

mushy-madness

I got 7 the other day

congrats!! 

SOooo my day was ruined yesterday. I pulled back the foil on all four of my tubs to find that they had all gotten some sort of contamination. I have a good idea to why this happened. Me being lazy I didnt pressure cook my sub before I mixed with with my colonized  seed. I have done it before in the past w/o pressure cooking my substrate and got positive results. 

Try again!

sporeboyz

The key to success is DON'T SKIP STEPS. I know it can get itchy wanting to get faster result but man! All that effort and time waisted sucks ass. Better luck next time bud, and next time listen to MZ... :)

• Like 1
itsponge

Dam that sucks to hear man. Just like sporeboyz said you can't skip steps or half ass them. I learned that the same way.

mushy-madness

Yeeee. Shit sucks! After seeing strobes closet grow last night I'm ready to get shit done! New jars tonight!.......On a side note though I did my first isolation the other day and my jars are looking great!

• Like 1