• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Neowulf

Shot Gun Fruiting Chamber

Mr.Greenthumb    10
Mr.Greenthumb

are the shrooms in the pic if the cake an OI strain? looks just like mine ^^

• Like 1

4x4    15
4x4

Good Wulf Good,Simple And Easy . You put a way more perilite Than me , I Should Try, This Sounds Very Nice. :jackedup:

OStricher    65
OStricher

Nice little chamber there Neo! I know already the fungarium won't be big enuf. lol

Neowulf    133
Neowulf

4x4 ive always read 5 inches is what your aiming for when it comes to SGFC. I think it helps in keeping humidity higher longer. Thnx Taven figured i would beef up the cake teks since no one else really does them. Im enjoying cakes =). I dont use this box anymore though i got that poor man pod the other day.

OStricher    65
OStricher

I just noc'd my 1st brf cakes 2 days ago and I should have amaranth cakes going by this weekend. ;)

GreenDragonism    14
GreenDragonism
Just checking - one question. I have heard that using the blue opaque totes help keep contams down. Anyone have any comments on this method? Thanks. And thanks Neo for the great post ;)

Neowulf    133
Neowulf

Not speaking fact but I highly doubt that color has anything to do with contamination.. Also remember if a substrate is fully colonized it is highly resistant to contamination.

floydshaman    32
floydshaman

the theory behind using blue tubs is that it filters out red spectrum lights that green contams such as algae use to grow :D thats why using a blue tub or a bluer light on a clear tub helps cut contams

• Like 1

Neowulf    133
Neowulf

i really cant speak to the validity of that. I can say however though if your leaving your tubs long enough that algae can grow in them your asking for problems anyways. keeping a clean FC is very important in the success of later flushes. After each flush when your cakes are dunking clean it out and get it all fresh again. After sitting for a week or 2 exposed to the air who knows what kinds of things can get in. Just a theory buy there is enough holes in a sgfc to allow all the regular light in the algae would need. mine is/was a 27qt tub and it had at least 200 holes. So if its true it would be a better option for something like a pmp

KICKASS    72
KICKASS

this guy SWEARS by the blue...and he knows what he's doin.......

small LED strips from walmart inside the tub

*notice the lack of perlight

post-224-0-32626600-1340305920_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Neowulf    133
Neowulf

looks cool wonder what hes using for humidity you got a link? if its an OMC pm me it But that isnt a sgfc at all nothing like it either. So why blue might hell in his case a SGFC would still let all the light needed in. Another thing is im not sure what type of led he is using. if hes using regular old leds then (not sure on light theory) but wouldn't white light contain the same red light he was trying to omit? Remember dont take my word as law. There is always someone know knows more, does it better, can improve upon or some technique yet undiscovered. Always be willing to experiment to answer questions you might never know what youll find. I believe back in the day people didnt know you could get 2nd and 3rd flushes form cakes till someone tried it. Experimentation is key to advancement

• Like 1

floydshaman    32
floydshaman

i have grown like that before and just had a ultrasonic running ina sealed off room sort of like a martha but i was using tubs his looked sealed off but mine had holes on top and sides covered with tyvek so they allowed moisture in and out and fae as well. i have a friend who does something similar and rigs nebulizers to do his rh and fae for him and it runs through a medical grade hepa filter. as far as the blue light yes a white LED would contain spectrum that you were trying to eliminate in the first place but if your tub is blue then you will filter most of it out. Also you can grow mushrooms under any spectrum light the point of using LED would be to use one specific spectrum sort of like when you use them to grow pot you use the blue and reds only anyway one of us should look up the whole green contam thing. i do know that when you buy perlite from miracle grow its a good idea to wash your perlite very well because the plant food in there can cause for algea growth on your perlite as well. Does any body know if certain fungus has cholorophil?? certain green molds maybe?? like trich? just wondering and im guessing thats where we could probably agree to wonder if blue light really cuts contams or not..