• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mush Zombie

How To Make A Flowhood For Less Than 60 Bucks (Cheap)

mtdorashane    1,408
mtdorashane

Could u seal that air purifier around a plastic tub ?

• Like 1

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

Could u seal that air purifier around a plastic tub ?

it would not be wise to do so because of leaks from the lid non laminar flow issues. the plastic bag will never have a leak inwards that will cause contam. and you can just fold it up and stick it in a closet :)

mtdorashane    1,408
mtdorashane

I should have said, can u seal it to the outside of a glovebox ?

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

I should have said, can u seal it to the outside of a glovebox ?

yea absolutley, if you're crafty enough to do it and not mess everything up :P  i thought you meant like make a FH out of a plastic tote at first. This would definately work with a GB.

mtdorashane    1,408
mtdorashane

I should have been more specific... That thing could make a lot of people's life's easier for sure

Edited by mtdorashane
  • Like 1

shroomolas    113
shroomolas

Hell yeah, thats what I like to see. Awesome write up MZ!

• Like 1

drewmaster    9
drewmaster

That's awesome dude! I also agree with shroomy peace it opens the world of mushrooms to all with reasonable expectations. Well done DM

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

Lets take her for a spin with a little agar work :D Need to test a culture. The common tams in my house are aspergilus flavus, aspergillus niger, and some species of pennicilum. So long as I dont see any of those or bacteria this baby works (it does work I have used them before). This particular syringe is suspected of possibly being contaminated with dactylium mildew (cobweb mold).

Lets find out

post-1-0-85163400-1376861843_thumb.jpg

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

Ok the jar on the left is the control jar. I did not noc it, I am just going to leave it open for 20 min. The jar on the right I inoculated with the syringe. The jar inoculated with the syringe will show growth much faster than the control jar (if it gets contaminated) because it looks like the syringe already had germinated. 

post-1-0-95026700-1376862765_thumb.jpg

shroomolas    113
shroomolas

Do you leave a slit for air to flow out of so you can see what your doing or just try and look through the bag.

I am going to pick up the materials needed for this. I have wanted a flowhood for sometime but could never bring myself to part with the cashola.

• Like 1

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

Do you leave a slit for air to flow out of so you can see what your doing or just try and look through the bag.

I am going to pick up the materials needed for this. I have wanted a flowhood for sometime but could never bring myself to part with the cashola.

i guess you could if you wanted to... the bag is see through though. i can do this shit with my eyes closed :P

shroomolas    113
shroomolas

i guess you could if you wanted to... the bag is see through though. i can do this shit with my eyes closed :P

Yeah, thats what I figured. I just imagine trying to cut out small sectors of agar to isolate a strain might be harder to see.

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

Yeah, thats what I figured. I just imagine trying to cut out small sectors of agar to isolate a strain might be harder to see.

when you build it you will see its not hard to see 

• Like 1

itsponge    106
itsponge

can this be found at wally world?

drewmaster    9
drewmaster

I am going to get this in the next couple days. I love walley world! DM

blackdogwoody    552
blackdogwoody

Lets take her for a spin with a little agar work :D Need to test a culture. The common tams in my house are aspergilus flavus, aspergillus niger, and some species of pennicilum. So long as I dont see any of those or bacteria this baby works (it does work I have used them before). This particular syringe is suspected of possibly being contaminated with dactylium mildew (cobweb mold).

Lets find out

shmuvbox test.JPG

Very cool. I bet I can guess which strain you are testing. How long does it take before you will know?

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

couple of days

drewmaster    9
drewmaster

I just have one question. Who is going to wal-mart with me to find someone intelligent enough to help me get all I need. I can see it now uck... DM

Mush Zombie    23,706
Mush Zombie

the filters are right by the air purifiers.

you can just order it off walmart.com that will be way easier

drewmaster    9
drewmaster

I will probably order online as it can be difficult to get me in and out of places because of the electric chair. Thanks dude. DM

• Like 1

shroomolas    113
shroomolas

The only filters on walmart.con I can find are max 99.97.

However, my pc is broke and i can only search on mobile. Not sure if that mmakes a diff.

Also, holmes.com doesnt seem to have the one in the pic.