• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

buffalo_soldier

Buffalos NSNS White Millet Tek

buffalo_soldier
First the diclaimer, obviously I did not think of this tek on my own (other then my measurement that work for me) it is just a compilation... :DI have not soaked or simmered grains in a looong time and I have not yet lost a jar due to contam since using this method, and I also do rye and WBS the same way.I prefer white millet over any other grain, it colonizes way faster IME..I hope this will help you on your mycology adventure, follow this exactly as I spell it out and you will say fuck soak and simmer..Items needed:Quart jars with whataver lid tek you preferWhite milletMeasuring cupWaterAluminum foilPCFirst make any lid that you would like for your quart jarsMeasure out 350ml of white milletpost-6-0-12479500-1326320565_thumb.jpgAdd to jarpost-6-0-46868800-1326320564_thumb.jpgMeasure out 150ml of water, I use filtered waterpost-6-0-65298700-1326320563_thumb.jpgPour water into jar with white millet and gently swirl aroundpost-6-0-88097000-1326320562_thumb.jpgPut aluminum foil over toppost-6-0-84629800-1326320561_thumb.jpgPut jars into PC and PC for 90 mins @15psipost-6-0-68033000-1326320560_thumb.jpgThis is what they look like right out of the PCNow this is the key point in this tek, as soon as the PC is cooled enough to open, take jars out and use a bike tire and shake the shit out of them to evenly distribute the moisture. You will notice some of the bottom millet will look saturated and the top will be drier, this is from expansion. However shaking will balance it all out I promise..post-6-0-12407200-1326320566_thumb.jpgLet them cool too the touch and shake them again. I personally shake them 6 times over a 24 hr period and they come out perfect and should look like this.post-6-0-68209200-1326320559_thumb.jpgInnoculate with your favorite strain and incubate at 80F and I usually have 100% or damn near 100% colonized jars in 7-10 days using LCpost-6-0-29441300-1326320558_thumb.jpgAny questions dont hesitate to ask.As I said I exclusively use this method and havnt soaked or simmered grains in a long time...Works like a charm and saves you some time..Enjoy

BEYOND2

great tek buffalo

Fast

I love the simplicity of this, do the same measurments apply to rye as well?

Those Who Were

I love the simplicity of this, do the same measurments apply to rye as well?

I have used this exact tek and measurements for Wheat Berries and it worked out really well. You can also use 200ml Millet and 200ml Wheat Berries and use the 150ml DI water and it works beautifully!Peace.NS

Neowulf

this has me very interested might try if WBS fails