• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

MycoDan

Just Coir And Verm In My Sub

MycoDan

Will this work or do you have to have cow poo or some other additive ? 

Mush Zombie

you can skip the verm, but yea its best to add some coffee, and even better is composted manure with lime or gypsum added (dont skip verm with manure compost)

MycoDan

Shit no pun intended lol. I didnt realize I was outta cmc and just made two bags with wbs spawn coir/verm only, any idea if there gonna fruit ? I know the wbs should have some nutes in it not sure about coir. 

Edited by Max Powers

Mush Zombie

yea it will fruit just fine. just dont count on a huge second flush

MycoDan

Ok better than nothing . As for the coffee I heard it can contam very fast do to its chemical make up should I pasteurize my sub longer because of the coffee ?

Edited by Max Powers

Mush Zombie

yea it sucks when you read things that are posted by middle school dropouts.

I started out with the coir coffee tek. Never pasteurized anything. As long as you can produce a pure culture, add lime or gypsum to the sub, and your incubation temps are correct for bulk sub, there is no need to pasteurize anything. Most mushrooms are whats known as primary decomposers. They do not need the waste products of other organisms before they can fruit, like agaricus or king stropharia (secondary decomposers).

Hell most teks i have read for pasteurization arent even really pasteurizing because the temps are too high. its semi sterilization.

• Like 1

MycoDan

So your saying theres no need to bake sub in oven bags if so thats sweet that'll save me some time. 

MycoDan

Awesome. I heard coir is very clean to begin with Ill try just mixing my spawn in the coir/verm/cmc without baking it next time . Thanks MZ

• Like 1