Welcome to Shroomology

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Flawedprophecy

grain spawn
Wheat Grain Spawn hydration.

16 posts in this topic

great read man.

Yes Flawed.Excellent technique.and a great read.

Very good flawed very good indeed ;) NICE read bro.

nice writeup. i plan to start a transition to grain soon and definitely will come back to this.

Well done Flawed.

so was just in the store and they had same bag as you..... 2lb hard red spring.....my question to you is about how many jars you get from 1 bag?

so was just in the store and they had same bag as you..... 2lb hard red spring.....my question to you is about how many jars you get from 1 bag?

I can't really remember Neo. I want to say one bag will do 5 quarts? You'll love wheat berries though man, so much easier and cleaner to use than WBS. I used WBS for 3 years and first time I used wheat berries I never went back. :)
1 person likes this

thanks for the info flawed

nice....yeah ive tried WBS twice first set contamed to all hell.... second set looked good for a week then stalled. So ima try my run at Rye see how things go.

how long do you simmer for? didnt see it in the post was about to start a batch

I just simmer until it's ready, about 25 minutes or so. When they start getting plump take one and sqish it, when the inside is translucent it's ready.

Well did my jars. I was wondering what you thought. I think they lok dryish but im not sure. I deffinately see some cracked open during PC They look usable? Trash? Add water and re PC? Each pic is a diff jar to show consistency. Pics were taken no more then 5 mins after coming out PC post-238-0-85092800-1339797106_thumb.jpg post-238-0-34426700-1339797112_thumb.jpg post-238-0-22548500-1339797119_thumb.jpg post-238-0-74249400-1339797125_thumb.jpg post-238-0-83554400-1339797132_thumb.jpg post-238-0-47013100-1339797137_thumb.jpg post-238-0-96541000-1339797141_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Looks good to me Neo. :)

saweeet awesome i can sleep now llol

I can't really remember Neo. I want to say one bag will do 5 quarts? You'll love wheat berries though man, so much easier and cleaner to use than WBS. I used WBS for 3 years and first time I used wheat berries I never went back. :)

I started with Rye then Wheat. Stuck with wheat for years, then decided to see what the big fuss was on WBS and then went right back to wheat. Wheat is perfect for this hobby IMO!
2 people like this