• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Flawedprophecy

Wheat Grain Spawn hydration.

AL2O3

great read man.

• Like 1

phish

Yes Flawed.Excellent technique.and a great read.

• Like 1

Ryeguy85

Very good flawed very good indeed ;) NICE read bro.

• Like 1

Neowulf

nice writeup. i plan to start a transition to grain soon and definitely will come back to this.

• Like 1

OStricher

Well done Flawed.

• Like 1

Neowulf

so was just in the store and they had same bag as you..... 2lb hard red spring.....my question to you is about how many jars you get from 1 bag?

• Like 1

Flawedprophecy

so was just in the store and they had same bag as you..... 2lb hard red spring.....my question to you is about how many jars you get from 1 bag?

I can't really remember Neo. I want to say one bag will do 5 quarts? You'll love wheat berries though man, so much easier and cleaner to use than WBS. I used WBS for 3 years and first time I used wheat berries I never went back. :)
  • Like 2

BEYOND2

thanks for the info flawed

• Like 1

Neowulf

nice....yeah ive tried WBS twice first set contamed to all hell.... second set looked good for a week then stalled. So ima try my run at Rye see how things go.

• Like 1

Neowulf

how long do you simmer for? didnt see it in the post was about to start a batch

• Like 1

Flawedprophecy

I just simmer until it's ready, about 25 minutes or so. When they start getting plump take one and sqish it, when the inside is translucent it's ready.

• Like 1

Neowulf

Well did my jars. I was wondering what you thought. I think they lok dryish but im not sure. I deffinately see some cracked open during PC They look usable? Trash? Add water and re PC? Each pic is a diff jar to show consistency. Pics were taken no more then 5 mins after coming out PC post-238-0-85092800-1339797106_thumb.jpg post-238-0-34426700-1339797112_thumb.jpg post-238-0-22548500-1339797119_thumb.jpg post-238-0-74249400-1339797125_thumb.jpg post-238-0-83554400-1339797132_thumb.jpg post-238-0-47013100-1339797137_thumb.jpg post-238-0-96541000-1339797141_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Flawedprophecy

Looks good to me Neo. :)

• Like 1

Neowulf

saweeet awesome i can sleep now llol

• Like 1