• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

AlbinoRhino

Question About Psilocybe Galindoi (Atl7)

AlbinoRhino

Anyone played much with this one? I have a few questions. From what I've been reading mostly If you want the sclerotia to form you should leave it in you Spawn jar for at least 2 months. If you just want the fruits you should transfer your jars to your substrate immediately after your jars have colonized. Does that sound about right?

Mush Zombie

dont waste your time with grain spawn sclerotia. its pretty much bunk.

if you want sclerotia use bulk sub. same with fruits

AlbinoRhino

dont waste your time with grain spawn sclerotia. its pretty much bunk.

if you want sclerotia use bulk sub. same with fruits

I'm not really that interested in Sclerotia as much as the fruits. So am I right about the concept? If you don't want the stones introduce jars once colonized immediately to Sub? Or do they form in the sub as well before pinning?

Mush Zombie

it doesnt really matter if there is sclerotia in the grain or not. sclerotia will form before pins

• Like 1

AlbinoRhino

I think I got it now. As always thank you!

blackdogwoody

I emailed mike yesterday and me has this one but it's not listed yet. Don't go ordering from sporeworks just yet. Said he would get it on the website in a couple days.

AlbinoRhino

Too late :( I'm going to put it in a lc first

Mush Zombie

last time i bought atl7 from SW it wasnt ATL7. I actually wound up getting a print from squidhead and blamo. i sent a few prints to bone grow i think. he probably fucked it up since i havent heard anything about it :P

• Like 1

AlbinoRhino

last time i bought atl7 from SW it wasnt ATL7. I actually wound up getting a print from squidhead and blamo

Shit. I will do the the Lc first, and purchase one from ology when it comes available.

Mush Zombie

just noc up some grain spawn and see what happens. they sent me 3 syringes. atl7, mex-a, and mex jalisco. all of them produced white myc but it was not any mexicanae. it smelled like reishi or agaricus. mexicanae all smell just alike. it has a nutty kind of smell to it.

blackdogwoody

Good to know MZ, gonna order atl7, mexi a, reishi, and Cordyceps very soon. Next year I'll try my hand a pans in the summer when it is too warm for cubes.

Are there any teks for the ones above? I think I have seen one for reishi but not the others.

Mush Zombie

if you know the parameters of growth you dont need a tek ;)

• Like 1

blackdogwoody

I do not, where can I find that info?

SquidHead

I love these guys!!

post-106-0-38583300-1380039662_thumb.jpg

Dont overthink em, they are easy just like cubes. They just like more fae when it comes to fruiting time.

Mush Zombie

https://www.shroomology.org/topic/97-psilocybe-galindoi-atl7/

Genus: Psilocybe 

Species: Galindoi (ATL7) 
Habitat: Dung enriched grasslands, fields etc. 
Colonizing Temperatures: 75-82*F 
Fruiting Temperatures: 65-75* F 
Spawn run: 10-14 days 
Substrate depth: 1 1/2 - 2" 
Casing required: Yes

drewmaster

I am missing something here? If I understand you right instead of putting ATL from spawn jars to grain you are injecting you spore syringe into bulk substrate such as coir or composted cow manure instead? I read it a couple of times and I am missing something. Glad to hear that Mike is going to carry ATL. DM

Mush Zombie

no. grain spawn --> bulk sub

drewmaster

Interesting. Are there others that you would do the same way, meaning i would take my colonized lc and draw outa syringe and noc up dirt? Is it also done in the other two strains that have stones as they say?DM

Mush Zombie

you never noc sub with lc or spores.

grain spawn --> bulk sub means you inoculate bulk sub with colonized grain spawn.

• Like 1

blackdogwoody

Hey Squidy, that is a cool pic. Thanks for the info and link MZ. It can't be that hard.

Mush Zombie

its not hard. they fruit in my backyard and actually seem to prefer the upper side of the fruiting temps. around 75-80* is about the temp they fruit at in my back yard, but they fruited in my house in much cooler temps, just not very well.

drewmaster

I sorry for being so dense, I had 5 teeth pulled this morning and I am a little out of it. DM

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

ouch 5 teeth in one day? thats horrible. i will drink one for you later tonight

blackdogwoody

Do warmer temps make for better pin set?

Mush Zombie

i'm not sure. i prefered mexicana over atl so i neglected to mess with it anymore indoors