Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'jar tek'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Administrative and Introduction Forums
    • Welcome to Shroomology!
    • Computer and Internet Safety
    • Shroomology's Sponsors Forum
  • Mushroom Growing Help
    • Getting Started Growing Mushrooms
    • General Mushroom Cultivation Questions & Answers
    • Mushroom Cultivation Archives
    • Frequently Asked Mushroom Question
    • Contamination
  • Mushroom Growing Techniques, Equipment and Tutorials
    • Mushroom Growing Tutorials
    • Pre-TEKS
    • Member Grow Logs
    • Experimental Mushroom Cultivation techniques
  • Mushroom and Species Information
    • Psychedelic Mushroom Information
    • Medicinal Mushroom Information
    • Wild Mushroom Hunting/Foraging
    • Mushroom Recipes
  • General Interests, and Off Topic Forums
    • General Psychedelia
    • Cannabis, Cacti, and other Cool Plants
    • The Upper Decker
    • Non-Sponsor Vendor Review
    • Hall of Fame

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...

Found 1 result

  1. So I was encouraged by AL2O3 to start a grow log for my Panaeolus Cyanescens. So here goes. A few weeks ago I bought some spores of Panaeolus Cyanescens, and after copious reading (Copius Copelandia Reading? lol) I got to work. I started some grain jars and a few hippy poo cake jars. I am following along with this TEK where you fruit the pans in the poo cakes straight out of the tops of the jars, and the grain spawn I am spawning to bulk trays. I have already been at this for a while, and I've got the jars most of the way colonized, and the grain has already been spawned to bulk CMC, gypsum, lime and vermiculite substrate. So the first three trays I tried were not successful, they contammed badly with bacteria (smelled awful! fucking terrible! good god!). But the fourth and the fifth trays seem to have been successful. I made a mistake with the fourth, it was a little smelly, and I threw it in my compost. Only to find as it landed in the compost that it was full of healthy mycellium underneath the surface, with only a fraction of an inch it hadn't broken through yet. It must have been the CMC I was smelling, it might have just been overpowering the mycellium smell... Live and learn. So, undaunted, I then cased it right there in the compost with some potting soil and gave it a good watering. Temperatures in my area have been above 55*F at night and 70's in the day these days, so I figured they might survive and do something. I may have been right, because I went out there a couple of days ago and poked in the area where they were and saw nice healthy mycellium growing right there in the compost. So as for the 5th tray. I guess 5th time's the charm. I got a nice, mushroomy/celery smelling tray of fully colonized substrate, which I then cased with Peat Moss, Vermiculite and Lime, and put into my auto FC. I have installed a small computer fan that evacuates the air in the FC every few hours, 6 times in 24 hours for 15 minute intervals. The next thing I plan to do with that FC is to pipe in a cool mist humidifier on a similar cycle to keep the humidity up so I don't have to mist as often. Anyway, the hippy poo cake jars are about 80 percent colonized right now and looking AWESOME! And with the tray in the FC right now, it's time to play the waiting game. The two pics below show the fully colonized grain jar, and the most successful tray (#5) (a day or two after spawn, before casing) I'll post pics of the hippy cake jars tomorrow if I get a chance.
  • Create New...